Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Vacations 2cpm

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gooselee
Found something interesting when searching my DL receipts for another trip. If you do a search in your wallet by Travel Date, you'll be able to look up the receipt for your DL Vacations flights.

In my case, the Base Fare is listed simply as "BT" (which I assume translates to Bulk Ticket). YQ/YR and all the various facility/immigration fees still show in full, but the total cost is shown as $0.00. Payment method says "Paid with Check 9999". Based on the total price of my package I was pretty sure up front that I was getting an exception fare, this seems to confirm it.

Would be curious to see if anyone who has booked a published fare can see the same type of receipt, but with the fare amount included as normal.
I booked a published fare and the receipt looks like this:
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Found something strange as well and not sure if this is what you are inquiring about. If I instead just click on the "download" link for the PDF receipt straight from my wallet I do get a different document. It shows "Grand Total: 315000 Miles and 6,857.44 USD" I did not spend $6k on this flight. My end receipt total out of pocket was $557.44

I'm seeing the same on mine. Shows both the value in miles and the actual cost.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
schedule change already after booking a few days ago.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Booked 4 from Houston to Bangkok next summer for 14 days for 235k. Been sitting on a stash of old Northwest miles for years and happy to finally redeem them. I had to to book 4 nights hotel which I will only possibly stay for 1 night then head to the islands. The hotel was also booked into a suite at the Hilton. Not sure how that happened. Just told the agent to pick any cheap hotel and that’s what she gave me.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
FWIW: got hit by the ICN typhoon and managed to get re-routed SFO->CDG->SIN. Delta Vacations employees seem to know how to pull strings.
Seems DL is having no issues with routing via TATL for Asia in IRROPS. I posted in a thread about being rerouted PHX-SLC-AMS-SIN. (Would've preferred CDG and AF, but no way to get to CDG that day)
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by langbr01
There isn't a conclusive answer as DL Vacations often books as a bulk/exception fare. Delta has a published earning policy for DL exception fares but this applies to Delta marketed flights. There isn't any clear language on how partner marketed exception fares should post.
Partner coded already as if they were exception fares as DL doesnt know what was paid for it. It's only DL coded that exception fares have a bearing on.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Found something interesting when searching my DL receipts for another trip. If you do a search in your wallet by Travel Date, you'll be able to look up the receipt for your DL Vacations flights.

In my case, the Base Fare is listed simply as "BT" (which I assume translates to Bulk Ticket). YQ/YR and all the various facility/immigration fees still show in full, but the total cost is shown as $0.00. Payment method says "Paid with Check 9999". Based on the total price of my package I was pretty sure up front that I was getting an exception fare, this seems to confirm it.

Would be curious to see if anyone who has booked a published fare can see the same type of receipt, but with the fare amount included as normal.
My ticket appears to have booked with a standard published fare. The code in the field is IT instead of BT. Additionally, in the summary view on the receipts page, it shows the correct price for the ticket, even though the price is masked off in the receipt itself and on the PDF.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I'm seeing the same on mine. Shows both the value in miles and the actual cost.
Originally Posted by BenA
My ticket appears to have booked with a standard published fare. The code in the field is IT instead of BT. Additionally, in the summary view on the receipts page, it shows the correct price for the ticket, even though the price is masked off in the receipt itself and on the PDF.
What AeRoSpaceman posted looks exactly like my on screen and PDF receipt for the DLV package entry that shows up "naturally" in my recent receipts. When I PDF the flight-only entry it shows up like a normal DL ticket, just without the fare shown.

On the DLV receipt, the total for me at the bottom of that one matches the price I paid (cash price quoted and then conversion to miles). I thought it'd be interesting to use the flight-only receipt to somehow understand the break-out of the nonpublished fare - mostly out of curiosity really.

I'll have to poke at the numbers more when I'm at my laptop again. Just realized you might be able to calculate the bulk fare amount off the US transport tax.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by gooselee; Sep 9, 2019 at 4:58 am
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
The Saudia website shows me my ticket cost, which is ~$500 less than what I “paid”.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Okay so I poked at it a little more.

On desktop, I can get two different receipts (PDF versions of each reflect fundamentally the same information as web view):
1. DL Vacations receipt, lists flights and hotel. No pricing breakdown, total shown "268399 Miles and 5,367.98 USD". Summary screen price is $5367.98. This price is the actual total paid for both pax.
2. Flight-only receipt, lists flights only with details. Pricing breakdown shown below (more on that later). Summary screen price is $2527.93.

On the Android App, I can also pull up the same two receipts with the same underlying and summary information.

Looking closer at my exact numbers, I've come up with the following thoughts:
a. The shown taxes/fees add up to $1310.93.
b. $2527.93- $1310.93 = $1217.00. I don't know what else would be included here, so I must assume that $1,217 is the base fare that was paid from DLV to DAL (plus YQ/YR and adjusted for whatever internal discounts/accounting they have in place). Also sensible that it's a nice round number.
c. $2527.93 * 2 pax = $5055.86. That leaves $312.12 remaining in the total I actually paid to account for a cheap 3-night throwaway hotel booking; this seems sensible.
d. Of course, none of this really matters here since the Bulk Ticket fare will earn according to Exception Fare rules.
e. In my earlier post I thought I could just divide the US Transportation Tax by 7.5% to back into the base fare, then realized the 7.5% is just for domestic tickets. I suppose if you had a domestic-only trip, this might still work.

Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
The Saudia website shows me my ticket cost, which is ~$500 less than what I “paid”.
Huh. I tried Saudia and it wouldn't find either ticket # I put in.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Huh. I tried Saudia and it wouldn't find either ticket # I put in.
I'm having the same problem. I tried putting in my ticket number on the Saudia website, but it says that it can't find my ticket...
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I made one reservation and got two info emails, with sequential confirmation numbers, as if I bought the trip twice.

There was no problem cancelling one right then, on-screen.

But I haven't gotten the miles back. Technically, I don't show the miles removed for the intact trip in my account summary, but the miles have been deducted from the total x2 definitely.

I guess I'm in for a fun phone call soon.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:48 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I have an all-VA-marketed ticket which booked on 795 (VA) ticket stock in I (discounted business class) fare classes.

The "My Receipts" page on Delta.com has 2 line items for my package, one for the whole package which does not show an airfare breakdown, and one for the airfare specifically.

The airfare-only receipt shows the full breakdown of price including the base fare ($4k+), which is interesting because it does not correspond to a published fare for that route according to ExpertFlyer. The manage my trip page on VA's website also prominently shows the same total airfare.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by mattya9
Need some clarification please (if anyone can assist). Read a few times throughout the thread about booking a trip and then "throwing away" the hotel. Is there any penalty if you do this? I'm assuming no since the hotel will be getting their money regardless if you stay there or not.

OPS
When I mentioned to the agent on the phone I was going to do that she said” I don’t want to hear that”. I was required to buy 4 nights. I will throw away 3.
mattya9 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.