Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atl t2 777?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
From preclearance airports, international (wide body) flights can arrive at any gate that fits. They don't need to go to E or F, although IME ATL normally does the longhaul international departures (even to preclearance airports like DUB) from E and F.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
I noticed the same flight at T going to LAX a couple months ago and wondered about the 777 flight myself. Looks like they arrive at E/F and then get towed over to T for the LAX flight.
I took this flight from LAX-ATL about a week ago, and we arrived at T
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Outside of long haul flight bank time, it seems like Delta's also using the E gates for mid to short range 737s. I seem to get a decent number of ATL-GRR flights out of E lately that had previously come from Jamaica and other Caribbean locations
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by enoscabell
I took this flight from LAX-ATL about a week ago, and we arrived at T
It looks like sometimes the same aircraft will turn around and go back to LAX in which case it may arrive and depart from T. Looking at recent flights though, the majority of the time it's a different aircraft coming in from LAX/going back and on one end or the other is an international flight like NRT or AMS. I wonder if when it arrives at T and then departs on an international if it's towed back over to E/F.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by ekozie
Taken from the ATL competition plan:

T1 and T2 can fit a 777ER (at ~200ft wingspan) with minimal impact to the adjacent gates. The wider LR would have more trouble fitting without significant impact.
That's a fascinating graphic to take in. Is there a link to these for the other concourses?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by JSprague24
That's a fascinating graphic to take in. Is there a link to these for the other concourses?
http://www.atl.com/wp-content/upload...ition-Plan.pdf

Page 348

Warning: large pdf file

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.