Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Having Multiple Delta Reserve and Platinum cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Having Multiple Delta Reserve and Platinum cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by Harlem
Is it against the terms of service for one person to have four Delta AMEX cards?
I'd like to have:
1. Personal Delta Reserve
2. Personal Delta Platinum
3. Business Delta Reserve
4. Business Delta Platinum

I'll have enough spend to hit the mark to get the most available MQMs from each card.
Note, you don't have to have these across different accounts. If you have never held these cards, you should definitely sign up for a new account for each to get the sign up bonus (Amex has a once-per-lifetime rule).

Once you've held the cards, you can actually move between the personal and business products within the calendar year.

I start both my personal and my business delta amexes at Platinum on January 1. I spent as much as possible on one, get the two platinum boosts, then upgrade to reserve. I get those two boosts and then downgrade it back down. I do the same for the other card. Essentially, I pay fewer annual fees because it's prorated. I've done this for years and I'm very happy to have the Amex products!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
By this logic, couldn't you do even better if your wife had a set of DL AmEx cards too?
We're considering it. Problem is, we're >80% WFBF and we are barely able to use the RUCs companion certificates we get now -- in fact, the RUCs usually expire and we've lost a couple of companion certs to expiration.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by NickDakota
I have Delta Reserve Business, and Delta Platinum Business but was under the impression that the boost was only available on one card. Am I understanding that you get the 30k, 60k boost on BOTH the business Reserve, and Platinum? If that’s the case, I need to rejigger some autopays ASAP!
That is correct. You get boosts on up to four (4) cards, plus companion certs, etc.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by NickDakota
I have Delta Reserve Business, and Delta Platinum Business but was under the impression that the boost was only available on one card. Am I understanding that you get the 30k, 60k boost on BOTH the business Reserve, and Platinum? If that’s the case, I need to rejigger some autopays ASAP!
Originally Posted by TheHorta
That is correct. You get boosts on up to four (4) cards, plus companion certs, etc.
And those boosts are at the regular intervals, that being 30K and 60K for Reserve and 25K and 50K for Plat; or 110K on each side, personal and biz.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by TheHorta
We're considering it. Problem is, we're >80% WFBF and we are barely able to use the RUCs companion certificates we get now -- in fact, the RUCs usually expire and we've lost a couple of companion certs to expiration.
Please don't hesitate to send me a DM when a certificate or RUC is close to expiring. I think collaboratively, we can work together to make sure this never happens again.
rogo, Zorak, TheHorta and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by daloosh
And those boosts are at the regular intervals, that being 30K and 60K for Reserve and 25K and 50K for Plat; or 110K on each side, personal and biz.
So if I have a DL AMEX Reserve and a DL AMEX PLAT, I would earn 50k MQMs between them if I spend $60K? The Reserve earns 15k MQMs at $30k and $60k, the PLAT earns 20k MQMs at $25k and $50k and I would only need to spend $60k combined across all DL AMEX co-branded cards.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by cjjones051
So if I have a DL AMEX Reserve and a DL AMEX PLAT, I would earn 50k MQMs between them if I spend $60K? The Reserve earns 15k MQMs at $30k and $60k, the PLAT earns 20k MQMs at $25k and $50k and I would only need to spend $60k combined across all DL AMEX co-branded cards.
No, platinum you earn 10k MQMs when you spend $25k+ and can earn an additional 10k MQM if you spend an additional $25k+. Completely separate, Reserve you earn 15k MQMs for spending $30k plus an additional 15k for spending another $30k on top of that.
You cant have both cards and just spend $60k total randomly spread between the two of them and receive the maximum amount of MQMs
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by daloosh
Originally Posted by sevastras
No, platinum you earn 10k MQMs when you spend $25k+ and can earn an additional 10k MQM if you spend an additional $25k+. Completely separate, Reserve you earn 15k MQMs for spending $30k plus an additional 15k for spending another $30k on top of that.
You cant have both cards and just spend $60k total randomly spread between the two of them and receive the maximum amount of MQMs
Then the combined spend between DL co-branded AMEX cards only counts for the $25k spend which allows MQD waiver to be achieved?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cjjones051
Then the combined spend between DL co-branded AMEX cards only counts for the $25k spend which allows MQD waiver to be achieved?
Yes (and also for the $250,000 waiver for DM MQDs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.