Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Having Multiple Delta Reserve and Platinum cards

Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent

Is it against the terms of service for one person to have four Delta AMEX cards?
I'd like to have:
1. Personal Delta Reserve
2. Personal Delta Platinum
3. Business Delta Reserve
4. Business Delta Platinum

I'll have enough spend to hit the mark to get the most available MQMs from each card.

Last edited by Harlem; Aug 6, 2019 at 4:57 pm Reason: clarify my op
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:42 pm

I think you can have a max of 4 (or maybe 5) Amex cards at a time so you are not violating any terms of service by planning to have these 4.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
No it's not against the TOS. In fact a lot of people on here do this and get Diamond this way.
Harlem likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No problem according to the rules, but I wouldn't try this without a legitimate business and some rationale for which expenses were charged to the personal card(s) and which to the business card(s).
Harlem likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:22 pm

How close does this get you to Diamond? What the the yearly fees for all 4?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can get 100,000 MQMs, not including sign up bonuses, for $220,000 spend distributed optimally over the four cards. Annual fees would be about 2 X $550 + 2 X $195 IIRC.
Harlem likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can get 100,000 MQMs, not including sign up bonuses, for $220,000 spend distributed optimally over the four cards. Annual fees would be about 2 X $550 + 2 X $195 IIRC.
The DL AMEX Reserve annual fee is only $450. I think you were mixing it up with the AMEX Plat which is $550.
Harlem likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

The DL AMEX Reserve annual fee is only $450. I think you were mixing it up with the AMEX Plat which is $550.
Probably, but I thought the annual fees were going up.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Harlem
Is it against the terms of service for one person to have four Delta AMEX cards?
I'd like to have:
1. Personal Delta Reserve
2. Personal Delta Platinum
3. Business Delta Reserve
4. Business Delta Platinum

I'll have enough spend to hit the mark to get the most available MQMs from each card.
This is precisely what I and many here do. This allows me to gift 60K MQMs (Reserve boosts) to my wife each year to maintain her Diamond Medallion status, plus 40K MQMs for me (which I dont need, but whatever).

Also, it gives us four free companion certificates each year as well 2x Y and 2x F. That alone pays for the fees. The Reserve cards allow us to choose Sky Club guest access, so between us we can admit up to six people at one time into the club.

On top of that, each MQM boost comes with a matching RDM bonus as well, so 100K bonus RDMs along with those MQMs. Plus $250K plus means >250K more RDMs, so between myself and my wife we spend ~$60-80K per year with DL, so thats 120-180K RDMs.

Between companion certs, boosts, RDMs, SC access, the occasional UG tie-breaker, etc, the $1500/year in fees is nothing.
Harlem likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: DL: Diamond, IHG: Diamond Elite/Ambassador, The usual AMEX Plat complimentary status levels
I have Delta Reserve Business, and Delta Platinum Business but was under the impression that the boost was only available on one card. Am I understanding that you get the 30k, 60k boost on BOTH the business Reserve, and Platinum? If that’s the case, I need to rejigger some autopays ASAP!

Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta

This is precisely what I and many here do. This allows me to gift 60K MQMs (Reserve boosts) to my wife each year to maintain her Diamond Medallion status, plus 40K MQMs for me (which I dont need, but whatever).

Also, it gives us four free companion certificates each year as well 2x Y and 2x F. That alone pays for the fees. The Reserve cards allow us to choose Sky Club guest access, so between us we can admit up to six people at one time into the club.

On top of that, each MQM boost comes with a matching RDM bonus as well, so 100K bonus RDMs along with those MQMs. Plus $250K plus means >250K more RDMs, so between myself and my wife we spend ~$60-80K per year with DL, so thats 120-180K RDMs.

Between companion certs, boosts, RDMs, SC access, the occasional UG tie-breaker, etc, the $1500/year in fees is nothing.
By this logic, couldn't you do even better if your wife had a set of DL AmEx cards too?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:46 am

How does the $250,000 DM exemption work? Does it all have to be spent on one card or can it be combined spending?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:33 am

By this logic, couldn't you do even better if your wife had a set of DL AmEx cards too?
It sounds like she has at least one since they are both taking the guest pass choice benefit.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:33 am

No problem according to the rules, but I wouldn't try this without a legitimate business and some rationale for which expenses were charged to the personal card(s) and which to the business card(s).
what are you imagining might happen?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle

How does the $250,000 DM exemption work? Does it all have to be spent on one card or can it be combined spending?
Combined over all DL AmEx cards in the DM's name.
Harlem likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.