Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KTN Missing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
KTN Missing

I just made a couple of reservations. After completing them I went to check them and they did not appear in the list of My TRIPS. I brought the first one up with my name and PNR and both my SkyMiles number and KTN were blank. Same thing on the second reservation. I was able to enter the SkyMiles number but the system would not let me enter the KTN. With the SkyMiles number entered, the reservation showed up in MY TRIPS.

I then checked the other reservations I have previously booked and the SkyMiles number was present but the KTN was missing.

I called the DM desk and the CSR lecked each one and said that the KTN was in the reservation. All of these also had my wife's information screwed up the same way.

The CSR commented that it was probably another issue with yesterday's meltdown.

You might want to do a quick check of any close in PNR's while the situation gets straightened out.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:41 am

Thanks for the head's up. Same situation, KTN bounced out of the reservation, unable to input and save it. Travel is not close-in, so will give a chance to work itself out.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Number of threads on this already. KTN's turn up missing for a number of people. You just need to keep checking your delta.com profile and re-save it when
you see that. Delta has no idea why this happens, but it does happen.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
The KTN was OK in our profiles. Just missing in the reservations. Not only the new ones but those that had been there for months.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The KTN was OK in our profiles. Just missing in the reservations. Not only the new ones but those that had been there for months.
Are they GE numbers or Pre-Tsa numbers. Pre-TSA numbers should be in your profile starting with a TT
If they don't start with a TT, that is likely your problem.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Are they GE numbers or Pre-Tsa numbers. Pre-TSA numbers should be in your profile starting with a TT
You mean PreCheck numbers? As in paid $85 for Precheck by itself.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
GE.

The issue isn't the profile. the issue is that they disappeared from the DL web site records shown under MY TRIPS. The CSR I spoke with said the KTN's were in the reservations and that this is probably related to yesterday's IT meltdown.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
GE.

The issue isn't the profile. the issue is that they disappeared from the DL web site records shown under MY TRIPS. The CSR I spoke with said the KTN's were in the reservations and that this is probably related to yesterday's IT meltdown.
Did you check to see if the number is proceeded by TT? If it is not, it will not be placed in reservations you make. (The TT is the thing that tells the system
it is a KTN).
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
I just looked at some upcoming reservations. None of them are showing KTN.

I've never looked before - this thread I didn't even know that there was a spot on current reservations where you could see them.

Anyway, I always do get pre-check. (TT, not GE).
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Nexus same

Same situation with our KTNs from our Nexus: numbers in profiles, don't show in res and can't add/save. Plat line sees them in our res and quotes them back to me (last three digits).
We'll see next week: domestic departure, transborder cnxn.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
LOL I notice this as well, but I always thought it was for security reason that they don't repost your Passport and KTN number, similar to your credit card on file. so never questioned it.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
For a flight in June, when I printed out my boarding pass I noticed it did not have TSA PreCheck. I then went to my DL profile and saw that my KTN (Nexus) had disappeared. I then called the Gold line and the CSR unchecked me in, added my KTN to the reservation and told me to sign out, sign back in and check in again and print/reprint the boarding pass. That worked and TSA PreCheck printed on the boarding pass. Funny thing is, my wife was on the same flight and her KTN (Nexus) was still in her profile and her boarding pass had printed TSA PreCheck. This random deletion of the KTN from the profile is ridiculous!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Hasn't it always been this way? This is what I always see, and I thought as long as you had the green check mark and the 'secure flight information on file' your KTN was attached. I have only missed PreCheck once, and it was when I had to have the corporate travel agent book my flight instead of Concur.

Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by bloc0102
Hasn't it always been this way? This is what I always see, and I thought as long as you had the green check mark and the 'secure flight information on file' your KTN was attached. I have only missed PreCheck once, and it was when I had to have the corporate travel agent book my flight instead of Concur.

No, that only means it has your correct name and birth date. In the past if I caught my KTN not showing I was able to enter and save it. Now pressing "SAVE" does nothing. Deltamatic is a PIA!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by rubesl
No, that only means it has your correct name and birth date. In the past if I caught my KTN not showing I was able to enter and save it. Now pressing "SAVE" does nothing. Deltamatic is a PIA!
Huh, I've definitely noticed this exact issue in the past, couldn't get the KTN to save, but still got Pre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.