Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nice that they offer the program. Good move by DL
Old May 8, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Ex-AA EXP, HZ Pres, MRT AMB/LTP
Good for Delta and great for us. Love it!
Old May 8, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
I'm all for it. I want to take some credit for convincing them to do this because I sent multiple emails about how the government shutdown impacted my travel (use of benefits).

But I'm not sure when the best time to apply this will be. I should get Platinum this year anyway. I like seeing everyone's commentary.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by Wimsta
I'm all for it. I want to take some credit for convincing them to do this because I sent multiple emails about how the government shutdown impacted my travel (use of benefits).

But I'm not sure when the best time to apply this will be. I should get Platinum this year anyway. I like seeing everyone's commentary.
I'm sure one PM who couldn't' fly for a 4-5 weeks was what did it for Delta! No doubt.

I think it's a smart business move on Delta's part. As I would not qualify for any status reclaim (and don't need it now anyway) I'm not thrilled about more PM's to compete with for upgrades. But if the shoe were on my foot i would indeed appreciate this benefit from Delta.
woody125 likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mridley2
I'm not thrilled about more PM's to compete with for upgrades.

I think upgrades are only going to become more and more rare anyways. The other benefits of medallion status seem much more important.

Last edited by jdrtravel; May 8, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Old May 8, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Another case of Delta copying an Alaska benefit, although in this situation they definitely improved on it by making it eligible for life situations of all kinds rather than just parental leave. Great, customer friendly move - nothing too radical, essentially a formalization of the status challenge process along with a willingness to consider circumstances to offer it more than once per lifetime, but will make a huge difference in keeping folks' business when they return to frequent travel.
woody125 likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Just like more and more employers are seeing the need to provide meaningful paid time off for life events.
You mean US companies of course. The rest of the world figured that one out decades ago
Old May 8, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wonder how many folks might use this to alternate qualifying for alternate programs. Regardless good move.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wonder how many folks might use this to alternate qualifying for alternate programs. Regardless good move.
I'm pretty sure this only applies to Medallion status. I don't know what alternate programs you expect from Delta
Old May 8, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I haven't read the details yet but this may be perfectly timed for me. I have been DM for every year except the charter year and I had some short term disability this past winter which delayed the start of my travel year until the end of March. I was ready to kiss DM goodbye.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
I read it earlier. Good PR and marketing. Reality - a few of the scenarios they give would be benign to the airline as passenger likely won't benefit as much because of the huge reduction in travel
e.g. new parents - likely shouldn't be traveling as much within first two years. E.g. A Diamond (traveling Domestic) might reduce his/her journeys if the first child.
new career - unless job/role requires travel probably won't accumulate as much vacation (unless work from home) quickly to make it worthwhile
new career #2 - if switching roles/career must verify the new corporation T&E policy uses Delta for its corporate account otherwise, might have to explain why choosing Delta whereas corporate contract is *A or 1W
Illness/Health - similar to previous - most medical things which keeps someone from travel are the same injuries/recoveries which requires that person to remain close to hospital
Old May 8, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I received this email today and think it is great. I'm getting ready to move to a new location and during the initial period my travel will be curtailed while I get everything with my lab sorted out. This is very timely IMHO.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have a feeling this will end up like the hotels' Best Price Guarantees: lots of denied claims and hurt feelings.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
This will work out for me as I have two more years of rollover DM thanks to non-US residency.
DL stop flying their own metal to HKG so I have status matched to CX.
When My rollover runs out hopefully DL will have enough 350s to reinstate SEA HKG.
ryw likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
I have a feeling this will end up like the hotels' Best Price Guarantees: lots of denied claims and hurt feelings.
If that was the plan, why would they go out of their way to set up the program in the first place. I personally see no indication that DL is insincere.
indufan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.