Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:57 am

The handwritten notes are really harmless but the verbal acknowledgements are absolutely cringeworthy and I really wish they wouldn't do them.

On a recent flight out of DTW I was in row 3, I heard the purser talking to 1B, he was over the top with the "WOOOOWW three million miler!! OMG" and then 2A "OMG THREE SIXTY WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT"

When I figured out what he was doing I immediately called my teenager (who I had just talked to before boarding) and said "don't hang up, I need to talk to you so this guy will leave me alone"
strickerj and dlflyer00 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
On a recent flight out of DTW I was in row 3, I heard the purser talking to 1B, he was over the top with the "WOOOOWW three million miler!! OMG" and then 2A "OMG THREE SIXTY WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT"

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
When I figured out what he was doing I immediately called my teenager (who I had just talked to before boarding) and said "don't hang up, I need to talk to you so this guy will leave me alone"

You could have just pretended to be on the phone w/o actually calling anyone
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
On DL99 in D1 this past Saturday CDG>DTW, Purser thanked the GM just in front of me and the DM just behind me, passing right over me without a word.

Delta hates me.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
I got a handwritten note once on my SEA to ICN flight and had the FA stop by to thank me verbally a couple of other times. Interesting when I fly KAL it seems the FAs always thank me for my Elite Plus status.

I still need to unload those thank you certificates, maybe some FAs are hoping I give them one
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Bumping my own thread because I got one over the weekend. First the lead FA came to each F passenger on the ground and thanked us for our status and for being there. Then before landing we received cards:

It was a really nice touch.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
I received a hand-written one on a flight from MIA-MSP back in August. Haven't seen any since, and now that I think about it, I haven't seen any verbal acknowledgments lately on any of my flights for any passengers.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I received a hand-written one on a flight from MIA-MSP back in August. Haven't seen any since, and now that I think about it, I haven't seen any verbal acknowledgments lately on any of my flights for any passengers.
On all of my recent Connection flights, the FAs have been giving verbal acknowledgements, and I never don't find it awkward. Haven't seen a handwritten note in ages.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I had a VERY long handwritten note from Garrett (I am sure many of you know him) on my OGG-SEA flight last month. Very nice note and also gave out handmade lei's that his mother made.

Exceptional service. I wish I had some JWD vouchers I could send him.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bretthexum
Exceptional service. I wish I had some JWD vouchers I could send him.
You can also send positive feedback through the comments/complaints form on the website -- it always seems appreciated, and they tell me will be forwarded to the in flight leadership team and the FA's supervisor etc.
bretthexum likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been told by FAs that it's a big deal for them when someone sends in a complement. My impression is that the note goes into their personnel file as well as being directed to their supervisors and managers.
gretchendz, SDQBound and Zorak like this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
My spouse and I switched seats as she is a window person, and the FA came with two cards, started by thanking her for being a Platinum and then told me I was such a supporting husband for being Gold and joining her on her trips. I told the FA I was just a Gold assigned to her by DL with the sole purpose of carrying her bags .

When I run out of JWDs, I usually send my compliments and they are indeed shared with the crew. I usually run into a repeated crew member and they have remembered specific situations in which they went above and beyond, and thanked me for sending the comment to DL.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Since I resumed flying in October, all of my trips have been in paid F (cheap fares) and involved connections in ATL. On almost every flight,, when we begin descent, the lead FA comes to my seat, thanks me for being a DM and gives me the gate information for my connection. I've always ben the only one ythe've done this for so I presume I've been the only DM in F on that flight

In 2018 I sent a very complimentary note about an FA as well as giving him a JWD. I asked him to let me know what he heard from Delta about it. He received the following email from DL.
Congratulations!

You have received a compliment from a passenger acknowledging the excellent service you provided. Documentation of this compliment has been sent to your Performance Manager to be placed in your personnel file. Please feel free to save this letter and the corresponding compliment for your personal records.

Thank you for consistently delivering ‘Service from the heart.’
gretchendz and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Friend who has no status and was on a basic economy ticket just got one today on MSP-SFO. Not sure the rhyme or reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.