Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM SkyMiles Awards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:07 am
Original Poster

LATAM SkyMiles Awards

Has anyone had any luck securing award seats on LATAM? I'm not sure when they might be available and what the redemption levels might be. I don't want to burden DL personnel with question now as I realize they are with more pressing matters than my possible trip next February.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
following...
Old Apr 19, 2020, 4:29 pm

I found some award space but only in Economy. For example, you can book SCL-LAX on 2/12/21 and its only 25k miles. I haven't seen any biz awards yet.
Old May 1, 2020, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by worldcurious
I found some award space but only in Economy. For example, you can book SCL-LAX on 2/12/21 and its only 25k miles. I haven't seen any biz awards yet.
Is that only via online? I'm looking for some Latam J awards and debating whether to call in.
Old May 1, 2020, 7:54 pm

You’re right, I didn’t call, only looked online.
Old May 2, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Is that only via online? I'm looking for some Latam J awards and debating whether to call in.
It's bookable online but I don't see anything available for IPC nor MPN which LATAM flies to.
Old May 2, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
It's bookable online but I don't see anything available for IPC nor MPN which LATAM flies to.
IPC was practically never bookable using OW miles for decades (never in J, and very, very rarely in Y, only if booked full 331 days out during off-peak there was a slight chance of availability). Not sure why anyone would expect it to be different using SkyTeam/DL miles.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Haven't booked anything on LATAM but I did see DL award space in Y on LAX/JFK-SCL, MIA-GRU-LIM.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I see MIA - SCL in there for 50k RT in Y.

Decent value but don't see any J so will be curious what those price at. Can't seem to pull up either SCL - AKL or SCL - SYD to see what those price as.
Old May 3, 2020, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by RealHJ
IPC was practically never bookable using OW miles for decades (never in J, and very, very rarely in Y, only if booked full 331 days out during off-peak there was a slight chance of availability). Not sure why anyone would expect it to be different using SkyTeam/DL miles.
#FakeNews

I've found sporadic availability using Avios from time to time ...
Old May 3, 2020, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
I see MIA - SCL in there for 50k RT in Y.

Decent value but don't see any J so will be curious what those price at. Can't seem to pull up either SCL - AKL or SCL - SYD to see what those price as.
I didn't see any award availability for South America to Oceania so I'm not sure if it's a LA thing or a DL thing but would love to do a Southern Hemisphere RTW trip one day.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
#FakeNews

I've found sporadic availability using Avios from time to time ...
Yes, that is why I said that it was almost never available. I was able to book award flight (Y, of course; J on the 787 I've never seen available, at least using any other airline program other than LA itself) via BA or AA (forgot which one), but it took a lot of patience and extreme flexibility. I don't think why would anyone expect it to be different now. Generally, miles are the least valuable and the hardest to use when booking to such exotic leisure destinations.
Old May 3, 2020, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Yes, that is why I said that it was almost never available. I was able to book award flight (Y, of course; J on the 787 I've never seen available, at least using any other airline program other than LA itself) via BA or AA (forgot which one), but it took a lot of patience and extreme flexibility. I don't think why would anyone expect it to be different now. Generally, miles are the least valuable and the hardest to use when booking to such exotic leisure destinations.
If Chile didn't have travel restrictions... it's about $200-250 RT right now from Santiago which is a steal considering these usually go for $700+ for Gringos.
Old May 3, 2020, 8:29 pm

If Chile didn't have travel restrictions... it's about $200-250 RT right now from Santiago which is a steal considering these usually go for $700+ for Gringos.
I presume that is in Y. Even though the flight is not too long, it's a long way to get to SCL, the arrival/departure times are horrible, and delays are not uncommon. This is a rare case where paying for J may be worth it, esp. as the LA 787s are some of the best hard product out there (same J seats as MU 33Es and LO 787s): an actual rectangular lie-flat, without any coffin-effect or narrow sections, funny bends or angles.

Also, going one way and continuing on from IPC to PPT (or vice versa) would be cool, if there's plenty of time to spare. The IPC-PPT (again, horrible arrival/departure times) LA flight is a once-weekly 787.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Anyone have an update on LATAM J awards SCL-JFK? Worth a call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.