Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Medallion packets

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: golden pleb
Originally Posted by silverbullet75
Realize it's a little thing / first-world problem - but after flying enough to make DL PM in 2018, I requested a welcome kit / bag tag. Multiple times now it's been 'delayed' per the Twitter team - at first to mid-Feb; checked in mid-Feb and was told via Twitter DM it would be mid-April; checked again today (as I have *still* not received) and was told mid-late June. Seems kinda crazy that the 'beginning of year' kit would be mailed out halfway through the year

Has anyone else experienced delays of a sizable proportion like this?
Update to this - I received my packet today; seems like DL doesn't have tight tracking on these packets? The PM tags I received were indeed plastic.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I receive my DM metal tag (with the 4 JWD) last week,
Live in Canada (Near Montreal).
Old May 21, 2019, 7:20 pm

Still no DM packet for 2019 - posts above read my mind - it is almost mid-year and they couldn't manage to get the packets bought, assembled and mailed by now? Maybe they are slow walking them intentionally or - combine the lack of packets with the return to medallion promo they sent us and it makes me think they have lost track of who is what...
Old May 21, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Requalified for 2020 DM in March. Do they mail those upon requalification, or in 2020?
Old May 21, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM 360, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Requalified for 2020 DM in March. Do they mail those upon requalification, or in 2020?
They will send it out soon. I requalified in March and got mine last week
TheHorta likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by pokerloser949
They will send it out soon. I requalified in March and got mine last week
This hasn't been true in the past, in my experience. I received a welcome packet the first time I reached Gold, Plat, and Diamond shortly after I achieved each level - but after that, I have only gotten the DM welcome packet, and only after the beginning of the Medallion year.

For example, I hit DM for the first time in August of 2016 and got a packet soon thereafter. I did not receive another one in March/April of 2017 because I had already received one for the 2017 Medallion year. I requalified for DM at the beginning of October of 2017 for the 2018 Medallion year. I did not get a packet at that time, but I did get one sometime around March/April of 2018. Requalified again, for 2019, in December of 2018 and got my packet last month for the 2019 Medallion year.

To summarize, qualifying this year earns you status for *next* year. However, Delta allows you to use that status for the remainder of the current year. When you requalify, you are earning status for next year, but since you already have status for this year there is no reason to send your credentials early
Old May 22, 2019, 5:21 am

My reference is I’m still waiting for my requal packet from 2018 travel that should have arrived by now. It use to be if I am remembering correctly that the updated packet would arrive in early February, when you requalified at the previous year’s level.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:26 am

Apologies if this is common knowledge but are GMs supposed to get physical packets? I don't recall getting one in several years.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Since early April I’ve gotten not one, not two, but THREE new PM packages!
Old May 23, 2019, 1:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Since early April I’ve gotten not one, not two, but THREE new PM packages!
I haven’t even gotten a rock!
Old May 23, 2019, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by vhfiv
Apologies if this is common knowledge but are GMs supposed to get physical packets? I don't recall getting one in several years.
+1, would like to know
Old May 23, 2019, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vhfiv
Originally Posted by dustclee
+1, would like to know
​​​​​​Indeed, not for several years:

No more physical medallion credentials for Gold Medallions in 2016
bonoman and vhfiv like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:02 am

And did they discontinue drink vouchers for golds too? The 3 years I didn't get a packet I still had 4 vouchers appear in the app every year until this year.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
This hasn't been true in the past, in my experience. I received a welcome packet the first time I reached Gold, Plat, and Diamond shortly after I achieved each level - but after that, I have only gotten the DM welcome packet, and only after the beginning of the Medallion year.

For example, I hit DM for the first time in August of 2016 and got a packet soon thereafter. I did not receive another one in March/April of 2017 because I had already received one for the 2017 Medallion year. I requalified for DM at the beginning of October of 2017 for the 2018 Medallion year. I did not get a packet at that time, but I did get one sometime around March/April of 2018. Requalified again, for 2019, in December of 2018 and got my packet last month for the 2019 Medallion year.

To summarize, qualifying this year earns you status for *next* year. However, Delta allows you to use that status for the remainder of the current year. When you requalify, you are earning status for next year, but since you already have status for this year there is no reason to send your credentials early
Same here. Have been DM for 6 or 7 years straight and have never received a packet upon requalification -- only got them at the start of the new program year. The only time I received anything mid-year after initial DM qualification was when I hit MM.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Tomphot
The day I left for a 2 week holiday, informed delivery showed my packer was being delivered. We will see as my MM packet showed the same thing a month and it never arrived. Maybe someone in my local post office has some fake tags on their bags.
Never received my MM package, asked DL Twitter why and they told me that they had switched to a new vendor and that it might be a couple of months... still have not received. Anyone else still not received? Got the DM package around a month ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.