Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Medallion packets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Also received mine today. My two tags are different colors; not sure if that is a production fluke or not. One is a light blue/silver and the other is kind of a dark silver with greenish tinge.
You are right!!! After I put my tags on my bags and see them in daylight, they are indeed different colors. Your description is spot on. One is slightly darker more greener. Both of mine has very visible smear/imperfection from the paint job and one even have a deep scratch mark. Even the clear coat was poorly done and trapped some debris that are very visible. These look very low quality; definitely "Made in China" as indicated on the back...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gerstperson
I finally received my PM packet today. I don't remember receiving it in 2017 when I made it the first time, or anytime last year. So this is the first I've looked at the luggage tags, and was surprised that they are not personalized. Back in the day when I flew everywhere on USAir, I loved having the tags with my name and FF number on it, instead of a tag with all of my contact info on it.

What exactly is the point of these tags???? Just the brag that you flew (or bought) your way to a piece of plastic?
I write my SM number on their back with a sharpie.

My wife also received her PM packet on April 2nd. I have not received one in the past two years, nor I have received the new MM tags. Wrote a message to Delta last week, still no response.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Still nothing for me.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Still nothing for me.
+1. PM.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:11 pm

Just got my DM packet yesterday. I didn’t notice discoloration but the quality of the appliqués is pretty low and the metal isn’t pressed the way it is on the ones I got when first qualifying in late 2017. I’ll be glad to keep using those instead.
SeaHawg likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
No discoloration here, but I'm glad to have a new set of JWDs!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles 1M & DM ; Hyatt Discoverist
I just received my DM 2019 packet yesterday. Includes two luggage tags (very glad they went back to metal tags from the plastic ones they used for the first time last year!), as well as 4 JWD. (I have a vague memory of getting more than 4 last year, am I mis-remembering?). I am sad to see we don't get a DM physical card anymore. When traveling internationally, I have often been asked to prove my status with the card to get into Sky Priority Elite Plus lines, clubs, etc, so I'd prefer a physical card.

I'm frustrated that I didn't have JWDs on my recent trip as a Red Coat really helped me out when I dropped something on the jetway (he brought it down to my seat), and I had no JWDs to give him.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by shipitfish
I … very glad they went back to metal tags from the plastic ones they used for the first time last year! …
The first year Charter DM tags were plastic, but I agree the metal are better.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Still haven't received anything!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:38 pm
bzn

Still nothing for me. No Diamond tags, no MM tags.

Given that they tags don’t do anything but add weight and noise to your bag, I don’t mind so much. It’s not like crew can’t see your status — and I presume your fare class — in the manifest anyways. Still fun to see people preening around with four year old gold medallion tags lol.

I’d prefer to have GUC improved availability with online redemption over bag tags. One can dream.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
I got my DM package on Tax Day so they are still slowly rolling out.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
I also received the DM package on April 15.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Still nothing for this Plat
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
Just got mine today ... actually got TWO PACKAGES ! So, I have four slightly discolored, scratched metal bag tags. Oh, and 8 JWD certificates.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:48 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mr_hoff
Just got mine today ... actually got TWO PACKAGES ! So, I have four slightly discolored, scratched metal bag tags. Oh, and 8 JWD certificates.
Same here - love getting 8 JWDs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.