Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Medallion packets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Mine arrived

Originally Posted by acrophobia
Also received mine today. My two tags are different colors; not sure if that is a production fluke or not. One is a light blue/silver and the other is kind of a dark silver with greenish tinge.
Mine arrived today. Both the same color.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Got mine today as well. Same color, and of course the 2 JWD certs.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta DM 360, Marriott Ambassador
When I make DM this week will i get issued DM bag tags this year or will I get them in next year's packet?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:21 pm

If you're not currently a DM, you should get a welcome packet as soon as you qualify.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Arrived in DC today, 4/4. 2 metal bag tags without MM indicator, 3 rubber attachers, 4 JWD certs.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Got mine as well earlier this week. I have mentioned this idea before, but will do so again: I think it would be really helpful to put the year of the status on them. For example, mine would say "Diamond Medallion 2019". This would solve the problem of 1) boot leg old tags being sold and 2) making the tags somewhat useful by indicating that you are currently a DM or PM or whatever and not someone who hasn't earned that status currently. Oh, and would love it if they put my 1MM back on it. The red tag is a touch too much for me.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Got mine as well earlier this week. I have mentioned this idea before, but will do so again: I think it would be really helpful to put the year of the status on them. For example, mine would say "Diamond Medallion 2019". This would solve the problem of 1) boot leg old tags being sold and 2) making the tags somewhat useful by indicating that you are currently a DM or PM or whatever and not someone who hasn't earned that status currently.
I somewhat agree with you. The year and maybe your SM# in case bag it's lost. This cards have no porpuse at all but only advertise for DL. I think that people that really know what they have don't need a "tag" in the bag. What if DL was to do away with this tags altogether? There would be a revolt LOL.. I belive next year DL will bring back the tags for all Medallion levels. I keep my PM tag that I originally got 4 yrs ago in my back pack and keep the DM tags on my wife luggage, she has no status.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Wow, got mine yesterday and the bragtag is metal again!!! Woohoo! Quality of these are terrible... each of my has a different weird smear on them!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by Eddie98
I somewhat agree with you. The year and maybe your SM# in case bag it's lost. This cards have no porpuse at all but only advertise for DL.
No.... it also advertise to your coworkers that you spent a lot of company money... and it also advertise to your dates that you have no life...

Last edited by wlau; Apr 7, 2019 at 1:17 am
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Nothing yet for me.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:36 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
The day I left for a 2 week holiday, informed delivery showed my packer was being delivered. We will see as my MM packet showed the same thing a month and it never arrived. Maybe someone in my local post office has some fake tags on their bags.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by wlau
Wow, got mine yesterday and the bragtag is metal again!!! Woohoo! Quality of these are terrible... each of my has a different weird smear on them!
I would guess that the budget for these didn't go up from last year, so if people want "metal" (if you can call it that) instead of plastic, some other corners will have to be cut.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
The day I left for a 2 week holiday, informed delivery showed my packer was being delivered. We will see as my MM packet showed the same thing a month and it never arrived. Maybe someone in my local post office has some fake tags on their bags.
If the brag tags were still personalized, you could look for yours on eBay.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
I would guess that the budget for these didn't go up from last year, so if people want "metal" (if you can call it that) instead of plastic, some other corners will have to be cut.
DL has already been cutting corners and profits are high. I suspect that further cost cutting wouldn't result in any goodies being given back to us.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received mine today and no million mile status on them. I wonder why Delta wasted all that money sending on those tacky million mile tags a few years ago instead of just putting the status on the brag tags

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.