Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Government Shutdown & MSP security checkpoint closures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Government Shutdown & MSP security checkpoint closures

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One of the TSA executives at MSP is reporting that (only) two TSA employees here have quit for other jobs during the shutdown.

They also held a big hiring event on Saturday (January 19, 2019).

ADDED: On local media, they're saying that over MKL long holiday weekend, MSP's TSA wait times were the worse of any airport (apparently including ATL) on Monday (MLK DAY) and second worst on Sunday. One data point was a wait of 46 minutes at 5 am.

However, I don't understand how this can be consistent with the claim most TSA employees at MSP reporting to work. I also don't believe the claim that January is an especially busy travel period for MSP as spring break time is roughly the month of March, and MLK Day isn't a particularly big holiday here. If one is traveling for MLK weekend, wouldn't it be more typical to pick Atlanta, Birmingham, maybe Cincinnati, etc.?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 23, 2019 at 7:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.