Search

Checking bags through?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Loews Platinum, Starwood Gold
Checking bags through?

Hello all,

I'm flying PHL to ATL Econ. on cash ticket, connecting to ATL - JNB Delta One on points. I called to get the reservations linked and was told I cannot? I want to check my bag through from PHL to JNB and was told to "take it up with the agents at the counter."

Seems it should be an easy thing to check my bag through to my final destination given I'm flying on Delta. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
It is unclear, is the PHL to ATL on Delta? (Probably). They can link the reservations and just show both confirmation numbers when you check in. Delta check bags through on Delta flights and certain
Sky Team partners. Not a problem.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Assuming both tickets are on Delta, it should be simple to do. Putting aside any potential benefits (real or otherwise of connecting PNRs since it’s only a commentary that would be added to the PNRs), all you need to do at check-in time is to let them know your final destination is JNB rather than ATL and they can verify your record and check the bags through.

Last edited by cre95; Dec 11, 2018 at 5:11 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:20 pm

“Linking” or combining reservations isn’t possible after they’ve been ticketed. It’s an easy process to check your bag through to your final destination if both flights are on Delta. Just provide the bag drop agent with your connecting trip’s confirmation number.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I've checked through with separate skyteam airlines, on separate tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.