Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When do they start serving alcohol in JFK skyclub?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do they start serving alcohol in JFK skyclub?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ND76
This law was recently changed so that in NY state bars can start serving at 10 am on Sundays.
Thanks for the update......must have missed that. My out of town guests/friends will be very happy to hear about this change
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I think that's exactly it. Like in Manhattan you cannot have an alcoholic drink with brunch on Sundays until 12pm.
When I go for brunch before noon in Manhattan,
  1. I make sure to always pack a couple of minis, and
  2. I call it breakfast.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Great ideas FOLKS!Still wondering if it pays to empty out one of those four oz. mini mustard bottles. I gather there is no issue with pre-departure beverages on 7 AM departure’s and my partner has gotten really good at sweet talking the FAs into cracking open the vodka ��
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Great ideas FOLKS!Still wondering if it pays to empty out one of those four oz. mini mustard bottles. I gather there is no issue with pre-departure beverages on 7 AM departure’s and my partner has gotten really good at sweet talking the FAs into cracking open the vodka ��
I'd just pack as many minis as you can into a quart size bag, or rather some of those 4oz plastic bottles they sell to put your own shampoo and such in.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
A couple comments.

* I think some airports have different rules than the local bars. State Exemptions?

* In any event, I think they are in violation of FAA rules. I have been instructed that you are REQUIRED to have a few drinks before flying and time of day has zero impact on that ruling. Apparently, in the world of aviation, it is always 5:00 somewhere.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
You serve booze to your children? For shame.
You don't?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:27 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
8am.....you'll definitely not be able to get a bloody at that time. AA clubs are the same timing.

It's actually quite funny to hang by the bar and see all the people requesting alcoholic drinks before 8am and hearing the bartenders reciting the same speech about timing.

My go to before 8am is a tomato juice with a lemon slice.
The AA Flagship lounge at JFK is self-service, it opens at 4 am (I've never used it in the morning) do the secure the liquor until after 8 am?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I would be careful packing the actual liquor minis in your carry on luggage. TSA which is rarely consistent could give you trouble. Better to find a generic bottle (i've used those clear bottles you can buy in the travel section of most general stores) and fill it full of your favorite liquor. Make sure it's less than 3.4ozs... Plus you can re-use these if you save the empty bottles.

Per TSA there are restrictions on drinking booze on the plane. Not sure about air side in the airport terminal.
  • Travelers may carry as many 3.4 ounce bottles of liquid (mini bottles of liquor are 1.7 ounces) that fit comfortably in one, quart sized, clear plastic, zip-top bag. Comfortable means that the bag will seal without busting at the seams. One bag is permitted per passenger.
  • Liquids (including alcohol) purchased after clearing the security checkpoint are permitted on the aircraft.
  • FAA regulations state that “No person may drink any alcoholic beverage aboard an aircraft unless the certificate holder operating the aircraft has served that beverage.”
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by nrr
The AA Flagship lounge at JFK is self-service, it opens at 4 am (I've never used it in the morning) do the secure the liquor until after 8 am?
yes they do.....even the beer fridges are locked I think
Old May 13, 2019, 5:06 am

7am at ATL and MCO skylounge

7am at ATL and MCO skylounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.