Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When do they start serving alcohol in JFK skyclub?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do they start serving alcohol in JFK skyclub?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Get a metal flask, standard size. Fill it up with your liquor of choice. A full 6oz, all the way to the top, leave no air in the flask. I've never been stopped by TSA in ATL, MCO, JFK, LGA, EWR, IAD, etc. Always managed to get to my destination with it in my carry-on. Though, thankfully, I mostly fly in the afternoon so I don't need to use it.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by james318
Must be too early for the morals police to be out here berating those who enjoy a drink before 5:00pm.

I guess I'll start... "Why won't anyone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!?!"
You serve booze to your children? For shame.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I know this does not help but ATL has the best rules..

they are a “private club” so as long as the club is open the booze flows.

8:30 AM for the rest of the airport in ATL
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
And even then, if it's really D1 service there's always at least a tray of bubbly, orange juice or both.
plus heineken
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vincentharris

plus heineken
So your drinkable options are bubbly, orange juice, or mimosa.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
You serve booze to your children? For shame.
Oui? C'est ne pas grave.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
8am.....you'll definitely not be able to get a bloody at that time. AA clubs are the same timing.
I wonder if there's a state or local ordinance that prevents this. I know in NC, no alcohol sales between 2am and 7am (10am on Sundays).
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by HDQDD
I wonder if there's a state or local ordinance that prevents this. I know in NC, no alcohol sales between 2am and 7am (10am on Sundays).
I think that's exactly it. Like in Manhattan you cannot have an alcoholic drink with brunch on Sundays until 12pm.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 4, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
What makes you think they won't serve PDB? The only reason they wouldn't would be in the event of a late arriving aircraft. And even then, if it's really D1 service there's always at least a tray of bubbly, orange juice or both.
I've been curious before on some of my early flights, but never sat up front or paid attention. Are PDBs exempt from local liquor laws re: timing? Other posters have mentioned that establishments in JFK can't serve liquor prior to 8am, but can DL serve alcoholic PDBs before then?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:27 pm

Does LGA have the same rules? Also, is either LGA Terminal D or Terminal C (across from food court) better than the other?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by The Situation
Does LGA have the same rules? Also, is either LGA Terminal D or Terminal C (across from food court) better than the other?
Yep LGA is the same and the two best clubs are D or the bigger C club across from the food court. The smaller C club near the security exit has more limited food options. I actually really like those mini cheese omelettes they have out in D and large C clubs in the AM
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BenA

IMO DL's PDB sparkling wine isn't drinkable. It's almost equivalent to adding vodka and lots of simple syrup to a glass of cold Perrier. YMMV.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by BenA

What?!
Ich mag Heineken!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I think that's exactly it. Like in Manhattan you cannot have an alcoholic drink with brunch on Sundays until 12pm.
This law was recently changed so that in NY state bars can start serving at 10 am on Sundays.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO DL's PDB sparkling wine isn't drinkable. It's almost equivalent to adding vodka and lots of simple syrup to a glass of cold Perrier. YMMV.
Not that I'm a connoisseur, but PDB should serve the same sparking from the ATL Skyclub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.