Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
If you keep reading the article, it states that the $29 AMEX day passes will still be sold. So, that is a correct interpretation. I'll clarify the orginal post.
i was referring to the email I received, not the article.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Except the wording on access using partners:

This means VS flights - ticketed and marketed by DL - are SkyClub eligible or not?

Only WestJet pax get in?
it means you get in when you purchase on 006 stock a DL marketed, WS operated flight or when on any DL operated flight.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I wish you could "stack" access methods -- in my case, I have two DLAX Reserve cards, an AX Centurion, DM with guest passes, and tend to fly D1. By my count, that's essentially up-to seven individual means of access.
hi55us and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I wish you could "stack" access methods -- in my case, I have two DLAX Reserve cards, an AX Centurion, DM with guest passes, and tend to fly D1. By my count, that's essentially up-to seven individual means of access.
"Yes sir, you are welcome to enjoy seven times as many complimentary snacks, seven times as many complimentary drinks, and seven times as much complimentary WiFi as usual."
Often1, pvn and TheHorta like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
I hope by "buy" you mean get a card that provides access like the Amex Platinum. The card gives you other benefits as well. The only reason I can see to buy an actual membership directly from Delta is if your company lets you expense it. Other than that, you should be getting it for free (Diamond), or via a card.
I will buy it using miles. I don't have a personal credit card and don't need one.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:11 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Which I'm all for... ^
well yeah, until it's YOUR method of club access they decide to axe.

it's always the OTHER guys that are the problem
wrp96, strickerj, TheHorta and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:13 pm
pvn
Suspended

what would you do with "stacked" access? I mean it's not like you can only enter the club one time with each method.

are you planning on chopping yourself up into 7 pieces and having each piece enter the club?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
what would you do with "stacked" access? I mean it's not like you can only enter the club one time with each method.

are you planning on chopping yourself up into 7 pieces and having each piece enter the club?
I think the idea would be to extend one or more of the "person-based" access methods to a companion- i.e. use a credit card to get one entry, then use Class of Service for another, then STE+ for a third, etc.

That would of course go against DL's strategy for the last several years. You want to bring companions? Either buy the Executive membership and get 2 or Immediate family, or start swiping your amex for $29 each...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:23 pm
pvn
Suspended

right, the amex card access is for *the person whose name is on the card* not for "any human". Having two cards is only useful if you know another person with the same name as you.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:24 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by pvn
right, the amex card access is for *the person whose name is on the card* not for "any human". Having two cards is only useful if you know another person with the same name as you.
Actually, even that doesn't really work if you have two reserve cards, because in that case the access is tied to the skymiles account that is associated with the card, not the card itself.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
While a joke, I do believe that Delta wants to a sort of exclusiveness to the clubs. Something that it loses if just anyone can popup and pay to get in.
They will need to do a lot more than ban day passes to make the clubs exclusive. There is nothing exclusive about the clubs, and frankly, I don’t think there need be. The average business traveler isn’t the exclusive type.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by JB1000
Another change is no access to KLM Crown, Virgin Australia, or Air France lounges.
What a friggin' joke. Skyteam is already a massive joke but this really pisses me off. So are they saying that if I buy one of their ridiculously priced $9k J fares to Schiphol that I won't have a club to visit now?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by hdtv4me
What a friggin' joke. Skyteam is already a massive joke but this really pisses me off. So are they saying that if I buy one of their ridiculously priced $9k J fares to Schiphol that I won't have a club to visit now?
You would have access because you bought a J fare. Basically the same as an Admirals Club member flying coach on BA from T5, for example.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I know that the requirement of the same day Delta / Partner boarding pass was put into place a while back. Not a fan of this, but it is what it is. In how many non hub cities is the sky club the only game in town?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
My email says

Starting today, Single Visit Passes will no longer be available for purchase at Delta Sky Club. Any existing passes already purchased will still be accepted through the expiration date printed on the pass.
Is it possible that the website mentioning Amex passes just hasn't been updated?

Since it says "at Delta Sky Club" maybe they will be able to be purchased on delta.com / app -- sort of like GoGo passes. You buy one and it goes in your app wallet and you can use it when you need it. I would be OK with that. That would certainly save time when checking in -- especially with IRROPS.

I won't be DM next year but I think I have 30 months on my membership from when I became DM, so it won't effect me right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.