Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Price Increase and No More Single Visit Passes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta
I interpreted the communication that no single day passes will be sold whether it is the rack rate or AMEX rate.

Another change is no access to KLM Crown, Virgin Australia, or Air France lounges.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
Originally Posted by JB1000
I interpreted the communication that no single day passes will be sold whether it is the rack rate or AMEX rate.

Another change is no access to KLM Crown, Virgin Australia, or Air France lounges.

the last sentence is the most disappointing to me! Although the KLM crown lounge was always super crowded.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Whatever keeps the stench of the unwashed masses out of my clubs, I'm all for it. The fewer plebeians sneezing on the buffet food, the better.

<<--- for the humor-impaired.
Seabilly and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Whatever keeps the stench of the unwashed masses out of my clubs, I'm all for it. The fewer plebeians sneezing on the buffet food, the better.

<<--- for the humor-impaired.
While a joke, I do believe that Delta wants to a sort of exclusiveness to the clubs. Something that it loses if just anyone can popup and pay to get in.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JB1000
The exact verbiage from the DL link from the OP states:
We'll no longer sell the $59/5,000 mile Single Visit Passes
My interpretation of the wording is that the $29 AMEX day passes will continue to be sold.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
I'm very happy that they are going to still sell single passes for Amex Delta Platinum members. That wasn't mentioned in the original post, but I'm glad I kept looking. I've got a trip coming up right after Thanksgiving. I accepted a longer layover than I would have liked when rebooking following a schedule change because I was planning on purchasing a single pass with my Delta Platinum AMEX. If that option had been removed, I'd of been on the phone to Delta right now HUCA-ing until I got someone to move me the flight I would need to shorten that layover.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
While a joke, I do believe that Delta wants to a sort of exclusiveness to the clubs. Something that it loses if just anyone can popup and pay to get in.
Which I'm all for... ^
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Smaug
The exact verbiage from the DL link from the OP states:

My interpretation of the wording is that the $29 AMEX day passes will continue to be sold.
This is explicitly addressed on the page linked in the original post. https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sk...dates#clubnews

Platinum and Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members from American Express
  • Card Members and up to two of their guests must be traveling on a Delta flight to access the Club for an exclusive per-visit $29 rate, per person.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by spryam

the last sentence is the most disappointing to me! Although the KLM crown lounge was always super crowded.
May we assume that Sky Team Elite Plus will still have access when flying internationally on a sky team ticket?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Just asked Amex specifically about the Platinum nondelta card. They said we still have access to the Sky Club lounges.
Xeno likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:21 pm

Are they going to require my 2 guests to also show boarding passes (since they have to be on delta/ptr flights also?)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Liz_MSP
May we assume that Sky Team Elite Plus will still have access when flying internationally on a sky team ticket?
Yes. The change regarding a Sky Club Membership no longer being accepted at partner lounges was actually announced some time ago. It does not impact access to Skyteam partner lounges for Skyteam Elite Plus members.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Smaug
If you keep reading the article, it states that the $29 AMEX day passes will still be sold. So, that is a correct interpretation. I'll clarify the orginal post.

Last edited by SJC ORD LDR; Nov 15, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
I still think the Amex Plat is a better choice if you are going to go with a card. The only benefit the Delta Amex has is the MQMs. If you don't need those, the nthe Amex Plat is probably better, especially if you can pick it up during one of the 100,000 point offers. Those 100,000 points are arguably worth $1800 or so.
Or, if you need the MQD waiver. I have PM on $7k spend this year.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Makes the $450 DL AMEX Reserve card look more worthwhile now even though the spend waiver is now $250,000.
Except the wording on access using partners:
Reserve Card Members will continue to have complimentary access when traveling on a Delta flight or a Delta-marketed and Delta–ticketed flight operated by WestJet.
This means VS flights - ticketed and marketed by DL - are SkyClub eligible or not?

Only WestJet pax get in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.