Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 12:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This weekend in the upper midwest I saw some dead deer (and other animals) along the side of the road, but I can't get one image out of my mind: It was a small and young deer laid respectfully by the side of the road (as most of them are) and covered with a small pink blanket (or something similar). I keep thinking that some mommy or daddy hit the baby deer when driving and a young daughter in the car insisted on giving up her pink blanket for the young animal. Sweet but sad.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This weekend in the upper midwest I saw some dead deer (and other animals) along the side of the road, but I can't get one image out of my mind: It was a small and young deer laid respectfully by the side of the road (as most of them are) and covered with a small pink blanket (or something similar). I keep thinking that some mommy or daddy hit the baby deer when driving and a young daughter in the car insisted on giving up her pink blanket for the young animal. Sweet but sad.
Oh deer.
apodo77 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Spent 2 weeks in Europe (Paris, Rome. Florence, Pasitano/Sorrento, and Barcelona). By far our favorite trip was a cooking class at a farmhouse outside Florence. Highly recommend to everyone. It was voted the #1 experience in the world in 2018 by Tripadvisor members. We made pesto, raviolis, fettucine, ragu, bruschetta and tiramusa from scratch. Also there was a pork loin with rosemary/sagve potatoes (potatoes, tomatoes and herbs were all grown on site):

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Florence.html

JoelThomas likes this.

Last edited by apodo77; May 29, 2019 at 9:34 am
Old May 29, 2019, 9:25 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So sad.
Originally Posted by apodo77
Spent 2 weeks in Europe (Paris, Rome. Florence, Pasitano/Sorrento, and Barcelona). By far our favorite trip was a cooking class at a farmhouse outside Florence. Highly recommend to everyone. It was voted the #1 experience in the world in 2018 by Tripadvisor members:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Florence.html

Yummy!
Old May 29, 2019, 9:25 am

Speaking of yummy... Happy Thorsday Eve!
Old May 29, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
If I scheduled a day on a trip with a cooking class, I might be looking at divorce. Two years ago I had to call the travel company and switch our itinerary for the scheduled cooking class to an alternate tour.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by apodo77
Spent 2 weeks in Europe (Paris, Rome. Florence, Pasitano/Sorrento, and Barcelona). By far our favorite trip was a cooking class at a farmhouse outside Florence. Highly recommend to everyone. It was voted the #1 experience in the world in 2018 by Tripadvisor members. We made pesto, raviolis, fettucine, ragu, bruschetta and tiramusa from scratch. Also there was a pork loin with rosemary/sagve potatoes (potatoes, tomatoes and herbs were all grown on site)
^ Nice! So when are you inviting The Lounge over for dinner?
Old May 29, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Speaking of yummy... Happy Thorsday Eve!
And my last working day of the week.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
If I scheduled a day on a trip with a cooking class, I might be looking at divorce. Two years ago I had to call the travel company and switch our itinerary for the scheduled cooking class to an alternate tour.
Ouch... I would love a cooking class and Mr. Kipper would probably tolerate it.
Originally Posted by Howste
And my last working day of the week.
Yay!
Old May 29, 2019, 11:42 am

That was a little ambiguous. I should say today is my last-working-day-of-the-week eve.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
happy Wingsday
Old May 29, 2019, 11:54 am

Oops, I thought you said harpy wings day.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
bat's ridiculous
Old May 29, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
bat's ridiculous
At least it's not stork raven mad.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Howste
At least it's not stork raven mad.
owl be ... multiple puns in one post is sometimes worth crowing about, but in consecutive words is a cardinal example of mastery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.