Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Zorak
Ugh. I originally booked ...--IAH-ORD-BWI because it got me in 3 hours earlier than the IAH-BWI nonstop. But rolling delays due to weather have erased all of the advantage
So sorry about the weather. Hope your flight is doing okay.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Well this is new for me. Our inbound finally arrived, we boarded, pushed back, and were taxiing when this happened:

So now we're back at the gate and Tech Ops came on board and shoved them back in (the answer to "how many people does it take..." is: two)

I'm not sure what we're waiting for now. Paperwork, probably, plus they let people deplane for some reason provided they took all their bags with them.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... the answer to "how many people does it take..." is: two ...
I’m guessing “two” would be one mechanic who actually does it, and one QA inspector who verifies that the mechanic has done it in accordance with the approved maintenance manual procedures
Zorak likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Well this is new for me. Our inbound finally arrived, we boarded, pushed back, and were taxiing when this happened:

So now we're back at the gate and Tech Ops came on board and shoved them back in (the answer to "how many people does it take..." is: two)

I'm not sure what we're waiting for now. Paperwork, probably, plus they let people deplane for some reason provided they took all their bags with them.
Yikes! That's not good.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Hope our Dayton members are all alright. Some nasty tornados went through the area late last night. Looks like one was an EF-4 that originated around the Ohio-Indiana border and headed east towards Dayton, passing between downtown Dayton and the airport and then eventually passed right by Wright-Patterson AFB and hit parts of Fairborn and Beavercreek.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

We went to Wyoming over the weekend.

On a related note, who decided that going back to work on the day after Memorial Day was a good idea? Oh well, I'm determined to have a good day anyway.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Bethel Heights Vineyard, Sunday afternoon

as promised a couple days ago ...

Originally Posted by Howste
On a related note, who decided that going back to work on the day after Memorial Day was a good idea? ...
early on in my professional career I decided that it was much better to stretch a holiday weekend by taking a day or two AFTER (i.e., Tuesday/Wednesday) than the before ... also much less chaotic to fly on Saturday morning than Thursday night or Friday
Old May 28, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by jrl767

early on in my professional career I decided that it was much better to stretch a holiday weekend by taking a day or two AFTER (i.e., Tuesday/Wednesday) than the before ... also much less chaotic to fly on Saturday morning than Thursday night or Friday
That looks gorgeous!

I think you are right that it is much better to stretch a holiday weekend by taking a day or two after a holiday!
Old May 28, 2019, 10:38 am

Morning, Lounge! Good morning, even.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge! Good morning, even.
It's not 12:00 here yet, but you're allowed since it's after 12:00 where you are.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
It's not 12:00 here yet, but you're allowed since it's after 12:00 where you are.
Thank you!
Old May 28, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Hope our Dayton members are all alright. Some nasty tornados went through the area late last night. Looks like one was an EF-4 that originated around the Ohio-Indiana border and headed east towards Dayton, passing between downtown Dayton and the airport and then eventually passed right by Wright-Patterson AFB and hit parts of Fairborn and Beavercreek.
Seconded. All my friends stationed there came through it alright, but I saw pictures and videos showing serious devastation.

This seems like a good idea.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat

Like the winery picture. Haven't been to Bethel, but love the wineries in Oregon and have toured there three times.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
The winemaker on our AMA Waterways cruise was from Hyland Estates Vineyards. Google Maps tells me it's about a 30 minute drive from Bethel.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
The winemaker on our AMA Waterways cruise was from Hyland Estates Vineyards. Google Maps tells me it's about a 30 minute drive from Bethel.
I’m thinking Mrs767 and I visited there on one of our OR trips during the past few years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.