Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Happy Friyay all!

Old May 31, 2019, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Very nice! Do you have family there? I seem to remember you going to PRG recently.

I should have followed this before one particular meeting yesterday. At least half the room was asleep though, so I was in good company. Fortunately, the person leading the meeting was on the phone from another state.

Wow...just wow...

Flying to DCA tonight for my college roommate's wedding tomorrow. He and his fiancee will be the third couple (that I know of) from our first year dorm to get married. My wife and I were the first.
We were in PRG in October 2018. No family there, although one of Mr. Kipper's friends goes to school in Brno.

Enjoy the wedding!
Old May 31, 2019, 10:13 am

Happy Friyay!
Old May 31, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I can't be the only one who is amused by the signs in the T4 JFK SC calling it a retreat, right (nowhere to sit the last 2 times I was there and bailed):

Old May 31, 2019, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by apodo77
I can't be the only one who is amused by the signs in the T4 JFK SC calling it a retreat, right (nowhere to sit the last 2 times I was there and bailed):
Well, they're revamping it. So first they have to devamp it, then find some more vamps.

More importantly why do those 4 women have identical hair?
apodo77 likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
Well you retreated, so I guess it's correct.
apodo77 likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
if a vamp is angry, would she be a vamp-ire?
Old May 31, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
If an Irish vamp is angry, would she be a vamp-Eire?
Old May 31, 2019, 1:13 pm

Sigh
Originally Posted by zitsky
If an Irish vamp is angry, would she be a vamp-Eire?
Groan
Old May 31, 2019, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
To quote a wise(?) man:

bat's ridiculous
Old May 31, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
To quote a wise(?) man:
Old May 31, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
Well, they're revamping it. So first they have to devamp it, then find some more vamps.

More importantly why do those 4 women have identical hair?
Yeah, and why do five people have a blue face?

We'll get to check out the club on Wednesday on the way to PRG. Trip has started out well with upgrade today to FC. We already have the upgrade to Comfort+ for the JFK-PRG flight.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm escaping at MSP now, although I'm about to decamp for the F/G (unfortunately) SC as it's too hot in here.

Panic averted from earlier today: As I was packing, I suddenly realized that my passport wasn't in its usual place. Today is a domestic trip, so no problem and I can use the passport card as usual for ID, but I have an international departure in less than three weeks and was starting to give myself 50-50 odds of getting a certified copy of my birth certificate (Does the passport card prove citizenship? The state department website isn't clear.) in time to get an expedited replacement passport, although I was able to get my choice of appointments at the Minneapolis passport agency. After all of that and several panicked phone calls as I attempted to trace my steps yesterday, with no time to return myself to look for a perhaps inadvertently dropped passport in person, it suddenly appeared where it should not have been, and I have no clue how long it could have been hiding from me. It could almost have been a StR Aspen situation with a huge hotel charge for arriving a day late or not arriving at all.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'm not going to speculate on y anyone decided to post (or agree with) anything, but there are certainly a yd range of reasons ... and yl we are on the subject of speculation, N927DZ -- which is about the last of the 739 order book -- was supposed to deliver to MCI today as DL9962, but operated BFI-PAE-BFI as Boeing 928 instead (it flew over my house about an hour ago on final for 14R at BFI)
Old May 31, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Finished booking our South Africa trip today. Well, at least the award portion of it. ATL-JNB in D-1 Suites for 60k VS miles (46.5k Amex points). CPT-DOH-PHL-SAT for 75k AA miles with 24 hours of flying in Q Suites. Those are per person, but that’s not bad for less than 250k points/miles total round trip. Still need to book in cash for SAT-ATL and JNB-HDS-CPT. Happy to help if anyone wants to book a similar trip.
miraclebear2003 and ATOBTTR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.