Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPJIN
Anyone at ATL this morning? Rumor has it Clear just got shut down 😱 photo from a friend...
Ouch!!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by MSPJIN
Anyone at ATL this morning? Rumor has it Clear just got shut down 😱 photo from a friend...
Yikes. And it's a Monday after the Super Bowl. Be sane, our ATL regulars. Although traffic was light getting to BOS (due to SB hangovers/sleepins) we've already had 1 guy ralph on the flight. Luckily, he was in the rear galley when it happened, far away from me. I once was on a Provincetown to Boston ferry (after the Pan Mass Challenge) that was so rough, something like 30 people were violently ill. It took everything I had to not join them (and I have a fairly strong stomach).

Anyways, travel safe and healthy today, all.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
when I’m in my seat and the captain and FA announce that we’re going to close the door and push ~10 min early, it’s great ... when the jet that pushes early is my connecting flight (scheduled for 58 min, so not at all uncomfortable), and my inbound took off 1+02 after scheduled departure due to de-icing, and I get the “Your flight to DCA is now boarding from Gate B49” notification on the app when we’ve just started letting down from 37000 feet, not so much

currently killing ~2 hrs in the JFK SC
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Happy Super Bowl Monday. It feels almost like an official holiday.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Oh, I ordered an antenna yesterday, based upon the cut the cord thread. Excited to potentially have at least 4 local channels (Big 3 + PBS) so that I can watch the awards shows and such without much fuss. Maybe even checkout weather that might delay me. It was a PITA to watch the game on my computer (I have a DVD that runs all the big streaming services, but not CBS all access). Stay tuned (yuck yuck).

jrl767, sorry to hear about your delay. At least you are fairly close to DCA and the shuttle runs quite frequently.

Okay, I must really start working now...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:06 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
It was a good evening for watching a movie in a nearly empty theater!
I think I may do that next year!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by navi_jen
jrl767, sorry to hear about your delay. At least you are fairly close to DCA and the shuttle runs quite frequently. ...
eh, this stuff happens, not a big deal (I know that’s FT heresy, lol)

and yes, the DCA shuttle runs pretty much hourly ... but from LGA (although, interestingly, from JFK there’s the 1129 that I’m on as well as a 1255)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
and yes, the DCA shuttle runs pretty much hourly ... but from LGA (although, interestingly, from JFK there’s the 1129 that I’m on as well as a 1255)
Any DCHH/BWI meetup possibilities? I'm here until Sunday afternoon...

A high school classmate has been talking up Nepenthe Brewing Co. on Facebook (I think he was their real estate broker) -- apparently it's a homebrew store that recently opened a tasting room alongside it.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Any DCHH/BWI meetup possibilities? I'm here until Sunday afternoon...

A high school classmate has been talking up Nepenthe Brewing Co. on Facebook (I think he was their real estate broker) -- apparently it's a homebrew store that recently opened a tasting room alongside it.
Depending on what time Saturday, I might be convinced to drive down there.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if I were to stay thru Sat afternoon I might consider driving up, but I already cancelled weekend plans in BOS due to next week’s travel to LA forcing rescheduling of landscape and finish contractor appointments to Fri afternoon and Sat
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
when I’m in my seat and the captain and FA announce that we’re going to close the door and push ~10 min early, it’s great ... when the jet that pushes early is my connecting flight (scheduled for 58 min, so not at all uncomfortable), and my inbound took off 1+02 after scheduled departure due to de-icing, and I get the “Your flight to DCA is now boarding from Gate B49” notification on the app when we’ve just started letting down from 37000 feet, not so much

currently killing ~2 hrs in the JFK SC
Just be glad you got out of Seattle last night. The snow has accumulated way more than expected and we all woke up to 4+ inches on the ground. The airport is a mess, apparently:

“Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE and WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, WA (SEA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 3 hours and 4 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".”

For the uninitiated midwesterners among us, this amount of snow means Seattle will completely shut down for the next 24 hours - between the hills, the moronic local drivers and the lack of snow removal equipment, it’s not a good day to be out and about...

Yesterday was Mrs. BenA’s NEXUS renewal interview, so we had to drive all the way to Blaine and back in the beginnings of this nonsense. Not my idea of a good time, although fortunately the interview went quickly and we were able to sneak back into town during the warmer afternoon before the worst started to fall.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
For the uninitiated midwesterners among us, this amount of snow means Seattle will completely shut down for the next 24 hours - between the hills, the moronic local drivers and the lack of snow removal equipment, it’s not a good day to be out and about...

Yesterday was Mrs. BenA’s NEXUS renewal interview, so we had to drive all the way to Blaine and back in the beginnings of this nonsense. Not my idea of a good time, although fortunately the interview went quickly and we were able to sneak back into town during the warmer afternoon before the worst started to fall.
Hope you are staying safe and stocked up on the essentials (alcohol and snacks) before the snow!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by BenA

Just be glad you got out of Seattle last night. The snow has accumulated way more than expected and we all woke up to 4+ inches on the ground. The airport is a mess, apparently:

“Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE and WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, WA (SEA). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 3 hours and 4 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".”

Must be something with Super Bowl Sunday and Seattle and snow. Two years ago we got snow in SEA the night of the Super Bowl and into the following morning. I flew to Australia the Monday after the Super Bowl. Had a 5:00 pm flight out of SEA that was supposed to give me an ~3 hour layover in LAX and yet due to the delays in SEA caused by the snow that impacted the entire day, we didn't leave until closer to 730 pm and the only reason I made the connection to the VA flight to BNE was thanks to a Porsche transfer.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Hope you are staying safe and stocked up on the essentials (alcohol and snacks) before the snow!
Thanks! Fortunately it’s a “work from home” day for both of us, which means a loaf of fresh bread is in the oven and some chili is in the slow cooker. It definitely doesn’t mean a 750mL bottle of cheap sparkling wine is in the fridge cooling down, and also doesn’t mean that some hot chocolate might get spiked later in the afternoon. (Hey, we only get one or two of these a year, we have to make the most of them!)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:14 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Off to bed.. but not before I leave my 8000th post in one of my favourite groups. (Which I barely have time to visit anymore.)
GRALISTAIR, BenA and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.