Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't there something called Uber Eats? Or maybe some grocery store with delivery service has decent frozen pizza?
she's in the Harrisburg PA area ... I can't state anything authoritatively, but I think the likelihood of either (at least one that would meet her standards) is pretty low
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Sounds like you should have just gone to HNL with Mr Kipper and had pizza there.
I have no doubt she'll agree with you there
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
she's in the Harrisburg PA area ... I can't state anything authoritatively, but I think the likelihood of either (at least one that would meet her standards) is pretty low

I know....and let's not forget that if she were to go to HNL for pizza (and beer!) with Mr.Kipper, it would probably be contaminated with pineapple.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
one more time ... pizza toppings are an individual choice, and of course the Lounge climate encourages ragging on others' choices that don't align with yours (n.b. that's a generic "yours"; not a poke in the eye of anyone in particular)
BenA likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:23 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Isn't there something called Uber Eats? Or maybe some grocery store with delivery service has decent frozen pizza?
We do have Uber Eats and all of those, but again, the pizza selections are limited. I've never had decent frozen pizza.
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Sounds like you should have just gone to HNL with Mr Kipper and had pizza there.
I should've.

That would be true. The best pizza place around probably is too far for Uber Eats for delivery.

I would agree.
I know....and let's not forget that if she were to go to HNL for pizza (and beer!) with Mr.Kipper, it would probably be contaminated with pineapple.
True.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
We do have Uber Eats and all of those, but again, the pizza selections are limited. I've never had decent frozen pizza.

I should've.

That would be true. The best pizza place around probably is too far for Uber Eats for delivery.

I would agree.

True.
Maybe you're picky (i.e., have high standards) because you're accustomed to shooting your own dinner.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:28 pm

one more time ... pizza toppings are an individual choice, and of course the Lounge climate encourages ragging on others' choices that don't align with yours (n.b. that's a generic "yours"; not a poke in the eye of anyone in particular)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:29 pm

Maybe you're picky (i.e., have high standards) because you're accustomed to shooting your own dinner.
No, I'm accustomed to having Mr. Kipper cook dinner for me. He spoils me like that.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I'm accustomed to having Mr. Kipper cook dinner for me. He spoils me like that.
you and Mrs767 should meet up to swap stories at some point
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:41 pm

you and Mrs767 should meet up to swap stories at some point
We should! I would love to meet her.

Speaking of food, I need to pull Friday night's dinner out of the freezer to thaw.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:47 pm

We should! I would love to meet her.

Speaking of food, I need to pull Friday night's dinner out of the freezer to thaw.
This is only Thorsday Eve and Friday comes after Thorsday, so are you defrosting a moose to eat if you need to remove it from the freezer to thaw now? Just chop it up and throw into the microwave.....
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

And...

Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Most of the time that pineapple is on a pizza there's also ham on it. I guess that's a pig in a poke.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm so far in the sticks that we have neither Uber Eats nor Grubhub at all. Those are apparently reserved for big cities like Harrisburg
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:22 am

This is only Thorsday Eve and Friday comes after Thorsday, so are you defrosting a moose to eat if you need to remove it from the freezer to thaw now? Just chop it up and throw into the microwave.....
LOL, it takes a while to thaw in the fridge.
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

And...

Yummy! Happy Thorsday!
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I'm so far in the sticks that we have neither Uber Eats nor Grubhub at all. Those are apparently reserved for big cities like Harrisburg
I don't think Harrisburg is considered "big."
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:57 am

Pretty new to Delta. On a Delta One itinerary later this year. Plan to visit one or two of the lounges. Is there a thread discussing what scotch or other drinks are offered in the Delta lounges? Too bad the best you can get on board is Dewars. (crying)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.