Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2021, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that the hotel tax waiver does not mean that guests will not be charged sales tax and other fees on hotel rooms. It helps, but it's not the majority of what one pays in addition to the room rate.
Old May 21, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by ysolde
For those of you coming to NYC, you are going to have a great time! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, the mayor just announced that the hotel tax is being waived for the summer (to sweeten the pot for the tourists, natch), and the vibe is back. People are back on the streets, in restaurants, in the shops. Indoors, they are masked. Outdoors, some are masked, some are unmasked (I'd say it's 65/35, maybe?). In areas where it is less crowded, you see people with their masks down. In areas where it is more difficult to maintain social distance (narrower sidewalks and larger crowds) the masks are still mostly on.

But as I wrote, what has really changed is the vibe: there are lots of people out and about, and the City is just buzzing with energy. As I heard a street musician singing "New York, New York" on Wednesday, I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed. We have come a long way since the darkness of last spring.
I was in NYC last weekend and experienced exactly that. It was great. The park was hopping, patios were full, just about every outdoor space we were at was lively.
GW McLintock and ysolde like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ysolde
For those of you coming to NYC, you are going to have a great time! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, the mayor just announced that the hotel tax is being waived for the summer (to sweeten the pot for the tourists, natch), and the vibe is back. People are back on the streets, in restaurants, in the shops. Indoors, they are masked. Outdoors, some are masked, some are unmasked (I'd say it's 65/35, maybe?). In areas where it is less crowded, you see people with their masks down. In areas where it is more difficult to maintain social distance (narrower sidewalks and larger crowds) the masks are still mostly on.

But as I wrote, what has really changed is the vibe: there are lots of people out and about, and the City is just buzzing with energy. As I heard a street musician singing "New York, New York" on Wednesday, I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed. We have come a long way since the darkness of last spring.
Looking forward to it. I think a few of us from the Lounge are planning to get together on Memorial Day somewhere in the city if you or anyone else want to join.
Old May 21, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Looking forward to it. I think a few of us from the Lounge are planning to get together on Memorial Day somewhere in the city if you or anyone else want to join.
We do need to set a schedule and place. Aren't you flying out in the afternoon?
Old May 21, 2021, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I am planning to arrive in the tri-state area early Monday morning. I'll need a nap at the bare minimum but I'm hoping we can get together for an imprompDO. The following day I expect to be working from home, which will be nice (I hope).

-J.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Given the stereotypes of the Raider Nation fan base, Allegiant would be one of the most appropriate airlines to sponsor that stadium (the only more appropriate airline might be Spirit).
It does seem like Allegiant is making an advertising push for that market -- I noticed in particular a marketing deal/placement on the most recent season of Hell's Kitchen, which was filmed in LAS in 2019 and aired earlier this year. Some of the rewards involved travel on Allegiant, finalists' families were flown in on the airline, etc.
N830MH likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Good morning to Delta Lounge! Hope you have a great day today.

we have a nice weather in Phoenix yesterday. Soon we getting more extremely hot weather later next week.
Old May 22, 2021, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
It does seem like Allegiant is making an advertising push for that market -- I noticed in particular a marketing deal/placement on the most recent season of Hell's Kitchen, which was filmed in LAS in 2019 and aired earlier this year. Some of the rewards involved travel on Allegiant, finalists' families were flown in on the airline, etc.
"Hell's Kitchen" with "Hell's Flight" to get there. How appropriate.
hhdl likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, Lounge.
N830MH likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
That would be lovely! Please count on my husband and me!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
"rewards"

Happy SATurday everyone! This is our last weekend in town before our movers come, so we're sorting everything in the house into pack and don't pack rooms. I think I'll need some bourbon tonight.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge.
Howdy!! Enjoy your day. 👍🏻👍🏻
Old May 22, 2021, 11:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
"rewards"
Exactly.
Old May 22, 2021, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
"rewards"

Happy SATurday everyone! This is our last weekend in town before our movers come, so we're sorting everything in the house into pack and don't pack rooms. I think I'll need some bourbon tonight.
that’ll be a REWARD
🥃🥃

speaking of — finalizing timing for a brewpub meetup with navi_jen this afternoon
GW McLintock and mattp1987 like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just got home from my last airline's hangar. They had an event for Mosaic members today where we got to check out the new airplanes, try the new caterer's food, and they had an open bar. The old VP of inflight (a man who I don't have much respect anymore) was there but luckily a very good friend of mine was bartending, so I am a happy camper.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.