Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Michael’s Potential Impact on ATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hurricane Michael’s Potential Impact on ATL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Right through a hurricane? The routing to get to ATL, not ATL itself is my concern
Projected at 22 minutes late. And I bet it isn't that late but I could be wrong. Flight path is projected to the west of the storm and it is moving fast, I bet they round it off some.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:01 pm

I am sitting on the runway in atl now delayed because the wind is so strong and our plane is too heavy, so we are trying to burn fuel. Right now 1/2 hour delayed and they say it could be 20-30 min still, so it seems the storm has impacted at least one flight so far . Not complaining, just FYI!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Looks like no major delayed but that was a very scary landing we just had SLC-ATL
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
As of 8:26AM EDT today, Flightaware.com for ATL shows Delta mainline with 7 cancellations and 18 delays today. 4/0 for SkyWest, 3/5 for Endeavor.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/today/KATL

Yesterday's total ATL cancellations numbered 68.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
As of 8:26AM EDT today, Flightaware.com for ATL shows Delta mainline with 7 cancellations and 18 delays today. 4/0 for SkyWest, 3/5 for Endeavor.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/today/KATL

Yesterday's total ATL cancellations numbered 68.
That's pretty incredible. Kudos to DL's management for not unnecessarily canceling everything too early.

To compare the alternative (with an anecdotal example): As of this morning AA cancelled all flights at RDU today. Looks like B6 and AC did too. UA has a few cancels, but DL's schedule (and WN too) is mostly intact. Note: UA and DL both have a few cancels to the Northeast, but that's most likely related to the GDPs up there. Average ATC delays are currently averaging over 3 hours to LGA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.