Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Sky Club - Remaining NWA Lifetime Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Sky Club - Remaining NWA Lifetime Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by srockgibson
I also have some empathy for the reception clerks. About every fourth person coming through the doors is trying to talk their way into the SC without a legitimate right to be there. Just in entering the SC's and checking flight status, I already think I've heard it all, i.e. I have this credit card, I'm a member of this SkyTeam partner club, I'm flying in this class of service, I've had a bad day, etc., etc, etc. I wonder how many people they tell "no" to in an eight hour shift.
Yes, I see this from time to time. It's not uncommon at all. People pulling credit card after credit card out of their wallet to try to get in....finally the SC agent pulls out the laminated card to note the valid credential options for entry.

And this is how I'm made to feel when they initially deny me entry as a paid LT member...like I'm trying to bull$hit my way in like you described.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Sky Miles Aadvantage United Mileage Plus Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Yes, I see this from time to time. It's not uncommon at all. People pulling credit card after credit card out of their wallet to try to get in....finally the SC agent pulls out the laminated card to note the valid credential options for entry.

And this is how I'm made to feel when they initially deny me entry as a paid LT member...like I'm trying to bull$hit my way in like you described.
Yes, and the way fate works, I'm usually standing behind that person when I just want to get "in-and-out" with only 15 minutes to get a snack. Haha.
hockeystl and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by srockgibson
I wonder if part of the problem is that you and hockeystl are still using Northwest credentials. I use my brown Delta Executive Lifetime member card. As I mentioned in the previous post, after the merger in 2009, Delta provided me with a Delta Lifetime card and asked me to use that in place of my Northwest card (see below). It has been 10 years since the merger, so I can see how it could raise question with a SC reception agent whether your Northwest membership ever properly transferred over to Delta. Still, that is no excuse for being rude!

As a backup, I also carry a copy of the Jan 14, 2019 email from Delta to me which confirms that I have Lifetime access regardless or airline flown.

Actually I use a newer blue SkyClub card DL sent me a year or two ago. I keep the NW card for sentimental reasons.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Actually I use a newer blue SkyClub card DL sent me a year or two ago. I keep the NW card for sentimental reasons.
I always checkin with the SC card in the DL app. But I also have the same style physical card as worldwidedreamer - light blue that I received a couple years ago. Think I'll start presenting that card at check-in given that it says "Lifetime Member" right below my SM number.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Should a Flying Colonel be grandfathered into the SC since at the time Flying Colonel was conferred, lifetime membership became part of the recognition??

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeystl

DL could spend $ to do this, or more appropriately spend that $ where it has better effect. All this special me complaining does is draw attention to LT members. It sets them up to have contracts cancelled in next bankruptcy.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.