Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Sky Club - Remaining NWA Lifetime Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Sky Club - Remaining NWA Lifetime Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
I bought the World Club Lifetime membership during the merger, before it closed at a discounted price of $2750 for Platiinum Elites,

A lot of NWA business travelers purchased the lifetime memberships.

RC
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
I also purchased a Lifetime WC membership right before the merger. I am 41 so I hope to use this for sometime more.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
I bought the World Club Lifetime membership during the merger, before it closed at a discounted price of $2750 for Platiinum Elites,

A lot of NWA business travelers purchased the lifetime memberships.

RC
I also purchased mine in 2007 or 2008 right before they were going to stop selling them. I still remember being in the MEM Club and the agent, Rene, talking me into it. I was on the fence but am happy I made the decision.

And if if there’s a class suit I’ll be joining!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I “bought” (actually managed to expense) my lifetime around 1999 and I think it was about $1500. Was an amazing investment, particularly in the early days when you didn’t need to go through security or have a same day flight to “sample” the free liquor with a couple of friends. Sadly I think I may have helped prompt the “same day flight” rule.

I would like to join the class action, but really couldn’t in any sort of good conscience.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Can't be that many. One it's not like lots of people were buying them. Second I'm sure quite a few have had their membership run out. Third and lastly, it's been what, close to a decade since they were sold.

In the end, I'd venture not enough to make a class action worthwhile. Sorry if that's not you're intent with question. Just have had a number of users screaming for lawsuit regarding Jan 1 changes and LT memberships.
I must have missed it. What are the changes to LT starting Jan. 1.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hnewman
I must have missed it. What are the changes to LT starting Jan. 1.
The change is for all Sky Club members (not just LT). They will be required to have a same-day flight on DL or partner airline in order to have access as opposed to same-day ticket on any airline today. Sky Club members will also lose access to partner lounges on that date (a particular issue for IAD/IAH as there are AF/KL lounges, but no Sky Clubs).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by LBJ
The change is for all Sky Club members (not just LT). They will be required to have a same-day flight on DL or partner airline in order to have access as opposed to same-day ticket on any airline today. Sky Club members will also lose access to partner lounges on that date (a particular issue for IAD/IAH as there are AF/KL lounges, but no Sky Clubs).
Thank you. I knew those and was not happy. Thank you for the clarification. I was thinking it was something else new.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The Lifetime electronic cards have an expiration date of 2079. If I was still around then due to miracles in medical science, I'd probably switch to AA where out cards don't have a fixed expiration date. ^
As a child of the 1980s who happens to have bought a Lifetime WorldClubs membership, I very much aspire to make it to 100 years old. Wonder whether I'm the youngest LT SC member?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
As a child of the 1980s who happens to have bought a Lifetime WorldClubs membership, I very much aspire to make it to 100 years old. Wonder whether I'm the youngest LT SC member?
Unleas you mean Childlike behavior in the 80’s you have me beat.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Are there any airlines selling lifetime memberships today? I definitely would consider it for less than $3k.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by hi55us
Are there any airlines selling lifetime memberships today? I definitely would consider it for less than $3k.
I guess that's a no. It seems it would make a lot of sense for airlines to sell 5+ year passes with the stipulation you fly that carrier, since it would drive revenue their way.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
What year? I was born in '83 and grabbed a lifetime membership in Feb/Mar of the last year they were sold with the idea that I had alot of travel ahead.

Kinda pretty ticked about the forthcoming move to require DL tickets...
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hi55us
Nah, CO was the last and that ended not long after the UA merger.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uavking

Nah, CO was the last and that ended not long after the UA merger.
And here's the final pricing before they dropped lifetime --

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ub-membership/
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:33 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So I bought mine circa 2006 for ~$2100 (PE and had some credit from my one year membership left that hadn't expired). I recall the LAX T2 WC agent saying it takes 8 years to hit past the sweet spot.

I'm always concerned about "enhancements" and rule changes. Up until this point, we've been grandfathered appropriately but this really seems like it's going to hurt some people and the loss of some of the partner lounges really aren't good.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.