Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Domestic First Class vs. Alaska on Transcons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Domestic First Class vs. Alaska on Transcons

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
On my Los Angeles–Honolulu flight today, for the first time I remember ever, the flight leader announced that the forward lavatory could be used by economy and comfort-plus passengers, provided they didn't congregate in the lavatory area.

I wonder when the policy changed? DL used to almost always actively announce that pax should use the lav in their cabin. Then they seemed to all stop saying that and not saying anything at all.

I bet it was the 737-900's coming online that forced the change. I sincerely wish that DL would put mid-cabin lavs between F & Y on any a/c that are used for medium or longer haul routes. And no, it's not because I don't like Y pax or am elitist or anything like that. I just think that a quiet cabin with less commotion and also less lav wait time is part of what you are paying for with F.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
DL used to let Y pax use the F lavs, but not wait in F for them.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, DL Amex Reserve Hilton Diamond AS 75K
I am Diamond on Delta and 75K on AS. I have logged many miles in first class on both carriers. Delta has the better product overall. Food is comparable. Luggage options are better with Delta and Skyclubs would be the dealbreaker for sure as AK clubs are worthless.

Last edited by jimblack; Jul 23, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jimblack
I am Diamond on Delta and 75K on AK. I have logged many miles in first class on both carriers. Delta has the better product overall. Food is comparable. Luggage options are better with Delta and Skyclubs would be the dealbreaker for sure as AK clubs are worthless.
FYI AK is Air Asia. AS is Alaska, though most will know what you mean.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
DL used to let Y pax use the F lavs, but not wait in F for them.

No, they used to announce that you should only use the lav in your cabin. Then, if there were carts in the aisle and a Y pax needed to use the F lav, they would allow it, but it was not encouraged and it was in fact actively discouraged.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
No, they used to announce that you should only use the lav in your cabin. Then, if there were carts in the aisle and a Y pax needed to use the F lav, they would allow it, but it was not encouraged and it was in fact actively discouraged.
And even when it was permitted, Y pax waiting in the F cabin wasn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.