Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
If we are dreaming then I would like LNK-NCE. Any aircraft with the range will be fine. I’m not too picky.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
DCA to anywhere in the Bay Area. Won't happen due to perimeter restrictions and slots, but nice to wish for it.
DCA-STL (return to this route that they lost in the slot swap with US Air)
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: DL PM
Dream route... SAN-MKE

Southwest had it for a brief stint and it was great.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: DL
I too wish DL did SNA-SFO, and SNA-SMF. I usually drive rather than submit myself to WN. (UA is a non-starter for me.) By the time I get to SNA and diddle with the Bart connection at the SFO end, driving only takes about an hour longer. Alas, the wonderfully uncrowded ONT is not an option either.

I still miss Air California's Super Electra service out of SNA, which was about 10 minutes faster than a pure fanjet because of its much lower operating altitude (usually FL140). A mere 45 minutes from chocks away to the arrival gate.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:42 am

It's been mentioned before but MRY to anywhere sure would be nice.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I know it's not going to happen, but DAY-SLC would be nice. DAY-JFK to connect to the int'l options out of JFK would be nice too. DL did briefly have DAY-JFK before transferring it over to DAY-LGA, but even DAY-LGA is no longer on the schedule.

I'll be curious to see what becomes of DAY-DTW and DAY-MSP once Satan's Chariot (the CRJ-200) is retired.

Originally Posted by RIP-PSA
I too wish DL did SNA-SFO, and SNA-SMF. I usually drive rather than submit myself to WN. (UA is a non-starter for me.) By the time I get to SNA and diddle with the Bart connection at the SFO end, driving only takes about an hour longer. Alas, the wonderfully uncrowded ONT is not an option either.
What about AS on SNA-SFO? Or why not DL on LAX-SFO or LAX-SMF? For DL out of LAX, is it once you get driving the time it would take to get to LAX as well, it's not worth that much of a time savings to fly over drive?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM
BOS-BCN/MAD summer seasonal 75S is enough.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
At this point I'd just be happy if DL brought back flights to MHT (specifically MHT-ATL at anything other than awful times).
Old Jul 20, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
plz bring back SJC-LAS/DTW/JFK… currently SJC-LAS is dominated by WN, and twice weekly F9…
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by lonelygod
plz bring back SJC-LAS/DTW/JFK… currently SJC-LAS is dominated by WN, and twice weekly F9…
https://airlineweekly.com/2021/03/de...aleigh-durham/
Apparently DL has put SJC in "time out". Don't hold your breath.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
https://airlineweekly.com/2021/03/de...aleigh-durham/
Apparently DL has put SJC in "time out". Don't hold your breath.
They have continued to push back the restart of DTW-SJC, but at least it's still in the schedule with current restart date at 12/18. SJC-LAS/JFK are currently nowhere to be found in schedule. DTW-SNA is also still in schedule with 1/1 restart date.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:16 am

Delta is the only carrier which has not added routes to PIT in the last year. Every other carrier (legacy and low cost alike) has added at least two new routes they didn't fly pre-2020. Meanwhile Delta isn't even restoring PIT-SLC til December.

PIT-LAX would be a nice start.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I'm still waiting for all of the TATLs from ATL to return.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I wish they’d step up their game on the Gulf Coast.

From PNS:

AA goes to MIA, CLT, DFW, and DCA.
UA goes to ORD, IAH
SW goes to BNA, MDW, STL, HOU, and DAL
Silver goes to MCO, FLL, and TPA
Frontier goes to ORD and DEN
Spirit goes to SDF, IND, and CMH.
DL goes to ATL.

The distribution is similar in scale at MOB and VPS. I fully understand that the frequency is solid (6x - 8x per day to ATL) but one other option (JFK, DTW, or LAX) would be amazing.
beachmouse and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
FLL-SWF to save me the f**cking drive to the NYC airports. Jet Blue used to have service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.