Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to add Seattle-Osaka, Drops SEA-HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to add Seattle-Osaka, Drops SEA-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Well... we don’t actually know if it’s a wise business decision on DL’s part to exit HKG and restart KIX yet. We’ll have to wait a couple of months to take a look at the load factors in the T100 and see how SEA-KIX is performing. All we know so far is that it hasn’t been a complete disaster because SEA-KIX is still in the S20 schedule. But the performance is probably not stellar considering that it’s still seasonal and on a 763.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I'd love to see a reference to the declassified documents.
The Atlantic, October 2014: https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...lemate/381424/

The recent political "persecution" at CX (PRC to CX, CX to staff) may bring uncertainty. If HKers boycott CX en masse, UA/AA may gain more traffic from this than losing due to economy. So we can't conclude yet whether DL was smart or lucky.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
The recent political "persecution" at CX (PRC to CX, CX to staff) may bring uncertainty. If HKers boycott CX en masse, UA/AA may gain more traffic from this than losing due to economy. So we can't conclude yet whether DL was smart or lucky.
I beg to differ.

The US3 clearly has the ability to increase their HKG capacity. Yet, none of them chose to make a move. So while I would expect that CX is going to be in deep trouble, it does not necessarily give any edges to the US3.

If they really want to expand, they would have done so already before this mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.