Search

OTA Special Fare - Earn Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold
OTA Special Fare - Earn Miles?

Hey Ya'll,

I just found and booked a pretty great fare ATL-CDG-ATL for New Years, 12-29-18 through 01-08-19, $485. However, I tried booking on Expedia and had issues, so I booked through Orbitz. I couldn't find the fare on Google Flights or ITA Matrix, and I can't see the fare on ExpertFlyer. The booking page on both Expedia and Orbitz had the words "Special Fare" listed on the check-out screen. The flights are AF marketed, DL operated on the outbound and AF on the way home. I want to credit to DL. Will I have difficulties doing so? I've already booked seats, added to "My Trips" etc.

If I have no problems crediting the flights, why can I not find this on EF? Am I just not using it correctly? (This is highly possible)

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-fares.html
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:26 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Those are for DL marketed flights, since these are AF marketed flights I am reasonably sure they will earn under the AF earning table.
Bulk/Consolidator/Exception Fare Question
Exception/Bulk Fares - KL Ticket
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TTT
Those are for DL marketed flights, since these are AF marketed flights I am reasonably sure they will earn under the AF earning table.
Bulk/Consolidator/Exception Fare Question
Exception/Bulk Fares - KL Ticket
Correct. Anything not DL marketed earns based on the marketing airline. DL marketed flights have to have a special section for bulk fares since normally DL marketed earn per $. Since they don't know what you paid they have to basically treat it like it was a partner marketed flight where they also don't know what you paid.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Thanks for the replies. I had actually read those two threads prior to starting this one. I didn't think my ticket applied as it's not a DL ticket or marketed flights and it's not part of a vacation package or anything, just a stand alone ticket. I had never seen the check-out screen say "special fare" before. I guess this is a consolidator fare? Never thought about those before, or even knew what they were until today. (I'm also very aware of the partner earn by percentage, thanks to MU flights).

Thanks ya'll!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.