Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Amex + Credit miles to KE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Delta Amex + Credit miles to KE

Hi guys -

for many people with no status & flying economy, it seems like crediting mile seems to be a no brainer given that KE gives you 70% for TXVE and 100% for KLU.

Can you mix and match your amex benefits ("early" boarding + free checked-in bag) if you pay for your ticket using AMEX and then ask them to credit it to KE?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
The Amex benefits are linked to your skymiles number (just like any medallion status). It normally doesn't matter what you pay with, what matters is what FF# you have listed, therefore I wouldn't expect to get zone 1 boarding or free checked bags, unless your KE # give you skyteam e/e+ status.
samwise6222 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Last year when I was credit all of my Delta flights to FlyingBlue I lost zone one boarding while I had no status even though I had the Delta Amex.

Anecdotally, you could still get a free bag on Delta flights if you show them your Amex while checking in. I had a friendly check-in agent at BWI earlier this year who did this; even gave my dad, who was on a separate ticket, a free checked bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.