Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL kicks off "Sky Way at LAX", $1.86b, 5 year modernization

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:10 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I've cleaned up a number of posts with a personal exchange. Please keep this thread on topic.

Thanks!

Ryandc99, Delta Air Lines Moderator
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by third_wave
Hah! The LAX traffic circle has surely never once had this few vehicles during daylight hours in the past decade.

Maybe they are imagining that the new people mover will reduce traffic that much??
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I just saw on FaceBook that an AMEX Centurion Lounge is going be opened someplace in TBIT in 2019. First, I thought "yessss", but then I saw that it mentioned airside access from T4-8, not from the Delta T2-3. So, I guess no access until LAX builds the airside access that will get you between each terminal. Bummer.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slidergirl
I just saw on FaceBook that an AMEX Centurion Lounge is going be opened someplace in TBIT in 2019. First, I thought "yessss", but then I saw that it mentioned airside access from T4-8, not from the Delta T2-3. So, I guess no access until LAX builds the airside access that will get you between each terminal. Bummer.
Delta is building an airside walkway to TBIT as part of this project. In the meantime, DL operates an airside bus that you can use.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:01 pm

In general I am glad that Amex opens lounges in places that are not redundant with Sky Clubs, as it makes the card more valuable and also gives me hope that the card will continue to grant access to both clubs.

I wonder if this lounge will have what I saw recently in the new MEX lounge: a special club within the club only for Centurion card holders.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Delta is building an airside walkway to TBIT as part of this project. In the meantime, DL operates an airside bus that you can use.
Thanks for that tidbit. I don't go through LAX nearly as much as I used to; I'm either going East or using SFO going West. But, I'm going in/out of LAX in 5 days, so I'll be able use the T2/T3 Sky Clubs for now.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:43 pm

Thanks for that tidbit. I don't go through LAX nearly as much as I used to; I'm either going East or using SFO going West. But, I'm going in/out of LAX in 5 days, so I'll be able use the T2/T3 Sky Clubs for now.

T2 is MUCH better than T3.
AANYC1981 and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not that big of a deal to walk out of T-3 and back into TBIT. As of April, TBIT has TSA Pre-check, and T-3 has had it for years.

Be sure to do this on the Arrivals level for some nice sun and fresh air.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
T2 is MUCH better than T3.
thanks. I'll remember that.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:50 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
T2: Big, self-serve food and bar, showers, lots of options, nice modern space.
T3: Small, old Virgin America lounge, which often overcrowds to the point as a SC executive member, I was denied entrance and people were given $15 food vouchers for the airport instead or told to go to T2. Bar is free for everything and has good friendly bartenders. Good selection, food is self-serve (the same as T2 food). No showers.

I'd strongly recommend T2, unless you happen to be flying via T3.

The Delta airside buses T2<-->T3, T3<-->TBIT, and T2<-->TBIT are all pretty easy, every 10 minutes roughly and take about 10 minutes. I budget 15 minutes for myself to get from T2-TBIT. It never has been more than 3-6 people per bus that I've been on.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KeepDeltaMyDelta
Will international arrivals and departures be at T2, T3 and TBIT?

Is T3 getting CBP access?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
When the T3 Club is closed, the T3 gates will be closed too. I'm guessing DL is going to borrow some gates from someone during that time. They simply won't have enough gates to maintain their operation.
Not all T3 gates will close at same time. Tgey can only close X numbers of gates per agreement with LAWA. This is main reason T3 will take so long to get done.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not all T3 gates will close at same time. Tgey can only close X numbers of gates per agreement with LAWA. This is main reason T3 will take so long to get done.
The animation looked like the whole satellite would close at one point, which is the overwhelming majority of the T3 gates. I'm struggling to understand how they would demolish half the satellite while the other half is occupied.

If you know the answers to that, and also the value of X, please do share.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

The animation looked like the whole satellite would close at one point, which is the overwhelming majority of the T3 gates. I'm struggling to understand how they would demolish half the satellite while the other half is occupied.

If you know the answers to that, and also the value of X, please do share.
Not great internet see ice where I am at moment. Makes doing a search painful. However remember that this was discussed in the main thread about terminal moves/renovation.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:07 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Gig103
Funny because I find Five Guys to be overrated by about four guys. I'd take In-N-Out to either FG or SS though if it was an option short of taking the ParkingSpot shuttle off site.
Five guys is indeed overrated but he didn't claim it was underrated or properly rated, he just said it was better than shake shack, and it is. It's also a LOT better than in and out.

average hamburger > five guys >>> shake shack >> wendy's > mcdonalds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> in and out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.