Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sudden Change in Aeromexico Earnings?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hi everyone – if you booked tickets before 3/27/18 for travel on or after 4/1/18 and are earning less MQMs as a result of the changes to the Aermexico accrual chart, you can request mileage credit through the Mileage Request Form after all travel on a given ticket is completed. You will then receive the MQMs you were planning to earn when booking the ticket. Have a great day!
Thank you for clarifying! I note that this language is now on the partner earning page as well.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:04 am

double post, please delete
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:35 am

Hi everyone – if you booked tickets before 3/27/18 for travel on or after 4/1/18 and are earning less MQMs as a result of the changes to the Aermexico accrual chart, you can request mileage credit through the Mileage Request Form after all travel on a given ticket is completed. You will then receive the MQMs you were planning to earn when booking the ticket. Have a great day!
Way to go @SkyMilesTeam! really appreciate you stating this publicly.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
EXCELLENT! Thank you @SkyMilesTeam!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Wonderful! Thanks for the prompt (and positive) resolution @SkyMilesTeam!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Yet another example that the airlines do read Flyertalk and the blogs. Hence why certain mouthpieces should be careful about what they expose. It's why we can't have nice things.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
An honorable #KeepClimbing #DeltaProud move. Thank you!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:23 pm

We're seeing multiple reports now of Delta REFUSING to honor this, even after requests have been filed. Can you clarify what the heck is going on?

Last edited by angra; Apr 22, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by angra
We're seeing multiple reports now of Delta REFUSING to honor this, even after requests have been filed. Can you clarify what the heck is going on?

I guess you didn't say that we would _receive_ the additional miles, just that we could request them.
I tried calling DM desk to help me with me with this issue. DM agent was incompetent at best and decided to transfer me to DL.com support. Getting these miles and having DL honor what they’ve published online has been really challenging.

Has anyone had success with getting the correct miles to post? And if so, how did you go about it? How long did it take?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by angra
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06

I tried calling DM desk to help me with me with this issue. DM agent was incompetent at best and decided to transfer me to DL.com support. Getting these miles and having DL honor what they’ve published online has been really challenging.

Has anyone had success with getting the correct miles to post? And if so, how did you go about it? How long did it take?
Yep. Reached out to Delta CORP about this. Fix is in my post: https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...ate-your-case/
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:05 am

in your post it looks like they haven't really responded, though. I mean they fixed yours with a ton of pestering and escalation, but that is definitely not consistent with what @SkyMilesTeam promised above.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Losing 3000 EQM on my late June trip (I class) which I have been waiting to book to let work shake out first. Not the end of the world, I need the EQD far more than the EQM.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Loosing 8k MQM on an early July flight would be the difference between silver and gold. I really hoped this is fixed.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MrDplus
Loosing 8k MQM on an early July flight would be the difference between silver and gold. I really hoped this is fixed.
You are confused. There is nothing to fix. They have the IT set to give the wrong points. They are happy with that as it is IT run by REV MGT. They also have reps, when you follow their rules, telling you bad info and hope you go away. Only if you escalate the situation will Delta award you the published / promised points. That is how Delta rewards loyalty in 2018.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points
You are confused. There is nothing to fix. They have the IT set to give the wrong points. They are happy with that as it is IT run by REV MGT. They also have reps, when you follow their rules, telling you bad info and hope you go away. Only if you escalate the situation will the award you the published points. That is how Delta rewards loyalty in 2018.
That's what I meant by fix. The instructions say just to fill out the request, not that you have to escalate it. So, something is broken, therefore it needs to be fixed.

But I guess, if that's the normal way to do business for DL, you're right, there's nothing broken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.