Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by hnewman
No email here. I am canceling anyway. I do not need the miles anymore without the waiver.
I don’t see what your response has to do with the question. Are you saying you did $90k in spend and did not get the miles posted? Usefulness of a reserve card is another thread.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by RobertS975
OK , here's the real question everyone needs the answer to ... anyone who did not receive the email get the third bonus?
I have the same question.

Also wondering if the people who received the 3rd boost had the spending meter on their statement for the statements between the $60 and $90K in spend showing how much you have spend towards the third boost like they do the first two?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun

I don’t see what your response has to do with the question. Are you saying you did $90k in spend and did not get the miles posted? Usefulness of a reserve card is another thread.
I guess my point is I did not get an email. I have called 3 times starting in April and was told I was not eligible. I am not going to wait until I hit 90K on the card, I am going to spend 50K on the PL card and then cancel that. Given when I am going to retire and the number of rollover MQMs I have and the fact there is no reasonable waiver I only need 50K MQM beyond that 20K I am going to get for the PL card over the next 4 years. Given I fly over 110K per year getting more MQM really does not matter. I just need to do the 15K spend per year.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Well, I just called AMEX Reserve desk again, and once again, she said that there was certainly no general offer for a third bonus. She claimed that the web page with the offer must be from Delta even after I told her that it was an AMEX URL.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Just FYI I simply Googled “AMEX delta reserve 90k spend mqm bonus” and that page comes up. That’s how I found it. I never get the message you got and I’ve done it at home, work, and my phone.
O.K., I stand corrected: The page is labeled "campaign," but it's still there.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:16 am

*update

Statement closed, bonus miles and mqms did not post. I called, the CSR stated I met the spend, put me on hold, came back and stated she put in a request for the miles with the processing department and it might take 1 billing cycle...stay tuned...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Statement closed, bonus miles and mqms did not post. I called, the CSR stated I met the spend, put me on hold, came back and stated she put in a request for the miles with the processing department and it might take 1 billing cycle...stay tuned...
Good luck and I do hope you get it, but I'm not going to be surprised at all if the end result is that this offer was targeted and someone just left web page open to all. The only source of this link provided by Amex themselves is via the targeted emails. You cannot navigate to it (as far as I can tell) from the benefit pages for the card itself, or within a non-targeted account like mine.

I would certainly love to be wrong on this one, but it seems quite obvious to me that Amex did not intend for this to be open to all.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Good luck and I do hope you get it, but I'm not going to be surprised at all if the end result is that this offer was targeted and someone just left web page open to all. The only source of this link provided by Amex themselves is via the targeted emails. You cannot navigate to it (as far as I can tell) from the benefit pages for the card itself, or within a non-targeted account like mine.

I would certainly love to be wrong on this one, but it seems quite obvious to me that Amex did not intend for this to be open to all.
I don’t disagree with anything you said. However, in every targeted promotion I’ve ever seen it was always indicated in the small print that you had to be targeted. This small print says it’s for all card members. We’ll see
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I don’t disagree with anything you said. However, in every targeted promotion I’ve ever seen it was always indicated in the small print that you had to be targeted. This small print says it’s for all card members. We’ll see
Eh...I would say that the fine print is unfortunately ambiguous. To me, it doesn't explicitly say it's for all card members.

But yes, past promotions have had clearer fine print and time will tell what DL/Amex decide to do.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have the same question.

Also wondering if the people who received the 3rd boost had the spending meter on their statement for the statements between the $60 and $90K in spend showing how much you have spend towards the third boost like they do the first two?
Where is that? On the physical statement? I just hit the 2nd bonus and on my benefits page it mentions nothing about a 3rd tier.

That is interesting the details in the last few posts. It is 'targeted' and if you call and ask told not eligible. Wonder what the 'targeting' aspect is? IE who gets targeted?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Interesting. Did you get the original email or did you call and have it added after the fact or neither and just convinced csr?

I’m over 90k but statement doesn’t close till next week.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer

Interesting. Did you get the original email or did you call and have it added after the fact or neither and just convinced csr?

I’m over 90k but statement doesn’t close till next week.
I closed my account this week. Asked about the 90K and was told I was not eligible. I was going to close it anyway.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My bill today says 60,010 miles earned. That card now goes in the drawer until January 1, 2019. I will not pay any attention to the e-mail inviting me to spend another 30K on that card.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I decided to go for the $250K spend for diamond this year to see what happens. I have personal and business cards on both the Plat and Reserve and fortunately decided to put most of the additional spend of over the $220K for the eight boosts on my personal reserve card so was only a few thousand short of $90K spend (was able to do some serious manufactured spending earlier this year) and put $3k on the card to get me up to $90K spend on the personal reserve. Statement closes 7/19 and I'll see if I get the third boost or not. At least I'm not out that much with the $3K spend being put on the card. I don't really need the MQMs but would help get me to 2MM faster.

What I don't understand is Delta raised the spend waiver to $250K for diamonds to thin the herd yet is offering another boost of $15K making it easier to obtain a higher status or maintain status.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Did NOT get the email, did NOT get the third-tier $90K MQM boost for Reserve and did NOT get the AX DL Platinum third-tier boost either.

I have over $200K on each card. Yes, both are personal cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.