Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scottish Independence Sympathies?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by nwncl
Delta has posted a weather warning for “Ireland, United Kingdom, Italy, Scotland, and Amsterdam”. Last I checked, Scotland hadn’t fully devolved from the UK. Is Delta showing Scottish Independence sympathies via their weather warning?
If only the statement was accurate...
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Someone didn’t do so good in skool
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:53 pm

Don't forget that you need to apply for a Visa when visiting Scotland only available from the Scottish Embassy! Visa "Its everywhere you want to be ".
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM
I see they have changed this waiver to include travel on March 4.

I am scheduled to depart JFK on March 4 and arrive DUB March 5. Would this qualify since travel began on the 4th or not because I wouldn't be scheduled to reach DUB until the 5th?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Northern Ireland can be included as part of the island of Ireland or the United Kingdom

Wales in in the UK.
But Scotland is part of the UK too. That's the point of the OP.

It would be odd to do part of the list geographically (Ireland as an island) and other parts based on current national (political) borders, but Amsterdam isn't a country either.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But Scotland is part of the UK too. That's the point of the OP.

It would be odd to do part of the list geographically (Ireland as an island) and other parts based on current national (political) borders, but Amsterdam isn't a country either.
I once entered the US at DFW and listed England and Scotland as the two places I had been on my landing card to see the reaction. I was informed by the CBP officer that I needed to change Scotland to United Kingdom but could leave England as is because 'Scotland is like a state in the United Kingdom, like Texas is in the US'.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
I see they have changed this waiver to include travel on March 4.

I am scheduled to depart JFK on March 4 and arrive DUB March 5. Would this qualify since travel began on the 4th or not because I wouldn't be scheduled to reach DUB until the 5th?
You're basically asking if March 4 includes March 4....
jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kent
I once entered the US at DFW and listed England and Scotland as the two places I had been on my landing card to see the reaction. I was informed by the CBP officer that I needed to change Scotland to United Kingdom but could leave England as is because 'Scotland is like a state in the United Kingdom, like Texas is in the US'.
I was once in line for USCBP and one of the guys patrolling the lines gave out to a couple of Greek guys for writing "Hellenic Republic", although that's Greece's official name in English....
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What about Northern Ireland? Or Wales, but I don't think DL goes there.
Both are covered by "United Kingdom".
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Both are covered by "United Kingdom".
Yes I know, but the point is that they're equivalent to Scotland as being distinct parts of the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.