Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Upgrade Priority

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Delta Upgrade Priority

I bought an award ticket and I am a Diamond. My wife purchased with cash a ticket on the same flight on a separate itinerary (she is gold). Can someone refresh my memory if i can link our separate itineraries for her to get upgrade priority based on my status?

Thank you
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, linking will not help. She has to be on the same PNR to have the same priority. You cannot combine award and cash tickets on the same PNR either at purchase or post purchase.

Upgrade priority is found on the folowing page: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-upgrades.html
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:29 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by deltaone
I bought an award ticket and I am a Diamond. My wife purchased with cash a ticket on the same flight on a separate itinerary (she is gold). Can someone refresh my memory if i can link our separate itineraries for her to get upgrade priority based on my status?

Thank you
Your wife will have upgrade priority as a gold. I think you can request your itineraries be "linked" but that doesn't really do anything if your companion already has status, since they clear at their own status level anyway. (If they didn't have any status, you can link the reservations and then the companion would be able to be added to the upgrade list, but at last priority.)

You only go on the list both at the higher priority if you are booked on the same reservation, which isn't possible if you're booking tickets with different payment methods.

You could request regional upgrades for both of you, if you want. And I think under the new rules, if your upgrade clears in advance, or if it's looking good on the gate upgrade list, you could apply an RUC just for her and rely on your status for your own upgrade. (Though if you're doing it because you look good on the gate upgrade list, keep in mind that applying an RUC to her will lower you one notch on the list.)
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

very helpful. thanks
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:17 pm

be a dear and let her get the upgrade
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by fivenue
be a dear and let her get the upgrade
That will cause the PC police to emerge and accuse you of being from the 1800's or something like that. Be careful.
fivenue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.