Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to claim/gift Reserve MQMs (note, you must already be logged in before you click on this link, otherwise you will be redirected to the DL home page): https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

"You can gift your MQMs to a loved one or friend by depositing them into their account within 30 days. If a recipient is not chosen within 30 days, we will automatically add the MQMs to your account."
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use Gmail, and I set it to always download images, so that's not the problem for me.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
I looked through two years worth - no links to the correct page in any (that I could find, anyway).
I looked at my previous messages and the links say "View Account", instead of the "Manage Account" link (shown above) for the most recent Boost which I received back in January (for 2017 spend). The older links no longer work, but that's not really surprising as these are all custom links which are specific to the email message and would likely expire over time. What does the subject line of your messages say?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That one said "Another 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles Are Yours"
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
That one said "Another 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles Are Yours"
That looks to be an older one (that's what mine said prior to the latest one). Did you get that in 2018? The one I received in 2018 mentions both bonus miles and MQM's and now says "Here Are Another 15,000 Bonus Miles And 15,000 MQMs!"
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - that's from one I got Feb 21.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
It's ridiculous that DL doesn't supply a link in the email to this page.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safigan
Do you not have something like the following in your boost email?

The "Manage Account" image above in my email has a custom link to an e.delta.com URL that takes you to the
MQM gifting page. It's a likely a temp link that will expire after awhile. The link from my January boost email still works,
but the one from September email (which says "View Account"), no longer works.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 20, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:30 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
My email also didn't have the manage account link. A quick search on FT and I'm all good.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by safigan
Yes it is ridiculous, but not a surprise with DL. They have been racing down to the bottom over the last few years to be in company with most of the competition.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you are saying all your emails look like this, but without the "Manage Account" links and I'm the only one here who is getting these? Sorry, but I'm doubtful that this is intentional and that DL somehow likes me (but hates everyone else).

Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by LBJ
So you are saying all your emails look like this, but without the "Manage Account" links and I'm the only one here who is getting these? Sorry, but I'm doubtful that this is intentional and that DL somehow likes me (but hates everyone else).
My email was similar, but the Link to Manage Accounts did not link to the same like as provided above (by another poster) and nowhere did it have a check to deposit into your account. Very different than past years.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not a direct link. It's a generated indirect link which expires after a certain amount time and looks like "http://e.delta.com/a/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" where the x's are generated random characters. This link redirects to the MQM choice page. The email from above from Jan 27th still works, but the indirect links from previous emails are no longer active. I've found that it sometimes doesn't work if I'm not logged into my account, but it works reliably if I'm logged-in first.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:01 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat

Mine had a link to log in where your manager account buttons are
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by LBJ

​​​​​​​
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​​​​​​​
My MANAGE ACCOUNT would only take me to the MY SKYMILES account management page. Not the gifting or depositing link. Even after I was logged in, it would take me there. Has always been there in the past. Not sure what happened this go around.
SYRRDU and wsm007 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tomphot

What, specifically, did your your button say? Mine all said "View Account" (see below) prior to the "Manage Account" in my January email. I checked all the links in my emails going back to 2015 and they were all indirect e.delta.com links of the form I posted above, not direct links to the MQM gifting page. Again, any link from previous year's emails is going to be dead at this point because they were temporary indirect links, not permanent ones. These generated links are typical for email campaigns to track back the URL click to a particular sent email/customer. All my prior year links end up at a "dl18" 2x2 GIF image (the URL's all end in "/dl18").

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 25, 2018 at 5:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.