Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to claim/gift Reserve MQMs (note, you must already be logged in before you click on this link, otherwise you will be redirected to the DL home page): https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

"You can gift your MQMs to a loved one or friend by depositing them into their account within 30 days. If a recipient is not chosen within 30 days, we will automatically add the MQMs to your account."
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Question Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Howdy - Received the email that my Delta Amex Reserve $30K spend / 15K bonus miles / 15K MQMs has posted. I can see the 15K bonus miles in my account.

For the life of me I can't find how to "claim" the 15K MQMs.

All of the old urls / links to "claim" don't seem to work.

Any help?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.delta.com/deltareservemqm/mbrLanding.action
mmargel and wsm007 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you!!! I had tried that link a few days ago and it threw an error. Maybe it doesn't light up until the bonus is available? Thanks again.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've always been able to select "keep" for the 15,000 MQMs by logging into delta.dumb and searching for for the link as soon as the 15,000 RDMs have posted to my FF account.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by wsm007
Thank you!!! I had tried that link a few days ago and it threw an error. Maybe it doesn't light up until the bonus is available? Thanks again.
That's the link I use to keep my miles each time. I think you're right that it doesn't work if you don't have a bonus available. I just clicked it and it goes to a description of MQM gifting.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
The notification letter used to have a link. Not any more. Thanks for the link. Works like a charm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:55 pm

Delta Amex Reserve MQM Miles Boost Emails

Congratulations! You've reached the second Miles BoostSM threshold, earning another 15,000 bonus miles and 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs).
Does it bug anyone else that when Delta sends out these emails, they don't include the link needed to take action?
You've earned 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 15,000 bonus miles for spending $60,000 with your Card within the calendar year. Your bonus miles have already been deposited into your account. If within 90 days, a MQM recipient is not designated, the MQMs will be deposited into your account. Log in Now!
No, that link won't get you there. Pretty sure the link isn't anywhere in the email.

For reference, here is the necessary link:

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

Why wouldn't Delta just include the link to use to gift them or credit them immediately?
bdschobel, EarlVolFan and TheHorta like this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by josephstern
Does it bug anyone else that when Delta sends out these emails, they don't include the link needed to take action?

No, that link won't get you there. Pretty sure the link isn't anywhere in the email.

For reference, here is the necessary link:

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

Why wouldn't Delta just include the link to use to gift them or credit them immediately?
I can't speak to the link issue; although, I seem to recall that my email notification had the link.

As to the auto deposit, you have the option of gifting the MQMs to someone else. If you do not elect to do so, and do not take action, they are deposited in your account after 90 days.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have two "Manage Account" links in my Amex MQM Boost notification email that take me to the MQM gifting page on the delta.com. It's a custom URL, rather than the generic one, but it worked when I tried it.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
My two emails -- both received three days ago -- do **NOT** have the links that LBJ's email has. I was wondering the same thing OP was.

What's up with the different emails? I have NO link to anything but my basic account page in the email (aside from some "First Bag Free" and other stuff irrelevant stuff).

I scoured both emails for the links, and... nada!

I can post faux-toes.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Sometimes I get the link, sometimes I have to google it.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:29 pm

I looked through two years worth - no links to the correct page in any (that I could find, anyway).
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by TheHorta
My two emails -- both received three days ago -- do **NOT** have the links that LBJ's email has. I was wondering the same thing OP was.

What's up with the different emails? I have NO link to anything but my basic account page in the email (aside from some "First Bag Free" and other stuff irrelevant stuff).

I can post faux-toes.
+1

I had links last year, and was surprised/frustrated when the email I got this year did not have a link.

Maybe DL is counting on some sort of spoilage factor? Someone wanted to gift MQMs to someone to get them over a hump, but forgot and now the Cardholder has extra rollover but DL is saved from doling out more benefits for a year?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:41 pm

Whatever the reason is, I'm sure Delta considers it an enhancement.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheHorta

I can post faux-toes.
It could be getting filtered out by whatever you are using to read your email. I had to tell mine to download images in order to see the links. If you look at the raw email message source, you see a URL reference to "http://f.e.delta.com/i/5/2083323528/111517_manage_account.gif" for the Manage Account gif image. The subject line of my email was

"Here Are Another 15,000 Bonus Miles And 15,000 MQMs!"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.