Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The complete incompetence of Delta’s upgrade program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

I am on flight XXXX. I used a RUC but it was not applied to second leg YYYY. Can you have that done so our priority on upgrade list will go up? Thank you.

Hello XX. I apologize for the delay. We had added you to the waitlist for flight YYYY and applied your Regional Upgrade certificate to both flights. Enjoy your trip.
​​​​​​​
I don’t think the certificate has been applied properly to YYYY as our upgrade position has not changed and it does not show a second seat map as it does when properly applied
​​​​​​​
It was applied appropriately, but unfortunately, there aren't any upgrades available.

​​​​​​​Actually it was not applied appropriately, for the reasons I stated. I was able to find an agent who correctly applied the RUCs (after 30 minutes on the phone en route). I was moved up and we were both upgraded. I would have lost another benefit I deserved because of Delta’s incompetence if I had been stupid enough to believe you.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
btonkid12345 and RaflW like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:06 pm

Reads more like the complete incompetence of some agents specific to RUCs.

Sometimes their lack of knowledge of the upgrade process actually works to your advantage. Between them dealing with more bureaucratic rules related to SNAPP and delta.dumb than we had at Ft Meade. RUCs are a mess like anything else at this airline that requires using a computer.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I don't understand why it's still possible for this to be done incorrectly. Why is this not automated by now?
Ysitincoach likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Yes, this is a frustrating process. I get really tired of hearing "The 12 people who are still ahead of you must all be using RUCs too because I did everything correctly."

This is one place where playing the HUACA (pronounced "wah-kuh") game is crucial.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1k, DL DM 1MM, various other crap
Same thing for me this morning. RUC wasn’t applied, so I called and the fixed it, and mysteriously no change in position on the upgrade list. Sigh.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:17 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 18sas
. . . . . HUACA (pronounced "wah-kuh")
Similar to Oaxaca <Mexico>???

jamiestr likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I don't understand why it's still possible for this to be done incorrectly. Why is this not automated by now?
IT efforts (or really any efforts) that don't take an extra bite out of the ham sandwiches are low priority.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Similar to Oaxaca <Mexico>???

Yes!

And if you have to do it twice - it happens! - it's "wah-kuh wah-kuh"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.