Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ham and Cheese or Cheerios

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by pvn
Weird how people who fingerwag and suggest that people ignore redundant threads can't ignore individual posts in those threads (and then make their own off topic posts in those threads to complain about the other posts that they think are useless).
You tried way too hard on that one.
apodo77 and FSUnole03 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by The Situation
Breakfast has never been a good option on Delta, but they should be embarrassed with what they are serving now. Lunch/dinner is usually decent, but the portion sizes are shrinking.
I cant imagine its good for them to be serving such junk. It hurts the branding. The way I feel about Delta after being served that Soggy mess of garbage (over and over and over and over) is that it is a deteriorating brand penny pinching while making billions of dollars.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:20 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
because the quality of the forum suffers when people start redundant threads and letting the OPs know this is the only hope of correcting this behavior. Moderators need to combine threads but there's absolutely nothing wrong with mere mortals informing an OP about the norms of the forum.

Like, why are you trying to moderate the citizen moderators?
This thread can no longer be merged with the main MEAL thread, as it has morphed into a . . . . .

"Why don't people search before posting / Who wants to be an unofficial moderator" thread.

. . . . . . That we really need!

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 29, 2018 at 2:01 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by davetravels
This thread can no longer be merged with the main MEAL thread, as it has morphed into a . . . . .

"Why don't people search before posting / Who wants to be an unofficial moderator" thread.

. . . . . . That we really need!

I knew there already was a food thread. This thread is more specific. I am not reviewing an onboard meal, yet discussing more specifically the grotesque Ham and Cheese sandwhich that has been served on every breakfast flight on Delta Air Lines.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Wink

Originally Posted by aero0729
I knew there already was a food thread. This thread is more specific. I am not reviewing an onboard meal, yet discussing more specifically the grotesque Ham and Cheese sandwhich that has been served on every breakfast flight on Delta Air Lines.
My post was tongue in cheek. I guess you didn't catch the "". I feel certain that most regular posters understood what I meant.

Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't recall ever seeing "ham and cheese" as a meal option. What exactly is this? I would assume someone here has seen or tried it. I don't fly breakfast routes all that frequently, but usually the options I've seen are Cheerios or omelette. Some shorter routes only seem to offer Cheerios only (as was the case for AM MSP-IAD RJ-700 flight I took last Thursday which is slightly over 900 miles).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:43 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
Don't recall ever seeing "ham and cheese" as a meal option. What exactly is this? I would assume someone here has seen or tried it. I don't fly breakfast routes all that frequently, but usually the options I've seen are Cheerios or omelette. Some shorter routes only seem to offer Cheerios only (as was the case for AM MSP-IAD RJ-700 flight I took last Thursday which is slightly over 900 miles).
It's this thing:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29353728-post86.html
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
because the quality of the forum suffers when people start redundant threads and letting the OPs know this is the only hope of correcting this behavior. Moderators need to combine threads but there's absolutely nothing wrong with mere mortals informing an OP about the norms of the forum.

Like, why are you trying to moderate the citizen moderators?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by TTT

Looks good to me!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:37 am

Just ham and cheese on this breakfast sandwich. Are eggs the next thing to get cut like rolls got cut on dinner fights? I thought DL wants to increase the number of passengers actually paying for FC seats. Serving dismal meals like this along with the uncomfortable seats and reduced pitch does not seem to be following their goal of more paid FC?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks good to me!
If only food was for looking at!
The problems happen when you try and eat it.
davetravels likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Looks good to me!
It looks like a double-wide HotPocket.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
It looks like a double-wide HotPocket.
Yeah, I guess a "double-wide" isn't too "first-classy"!

The fruit and yogurt look good!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I have had this dozens of times and have always had egg in it, most typically with a sausage patty. I may be weird, but I sort of like it.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:07 pm

Looks good to me!
Ehhhh...I just eat the Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits I bring on-board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.