Ham and Cheese or Cheerios

Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Ham and Cheese or Cheerios

ummm... is this all Delta serves. Every single route , every time for breakfast these are my only options. If you actually eat the Ham and Cheese I’m pretty sure your taste buds have been eradicated
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by aero0729
ummm... is this all Delta serves. Every single route , every time for breakfast these are my only options. If you actually eat the Ham and Cheese I’m pretty sure your taste buds have been eradicated
I’ve given up on any expectation of good food on a US carrier in any cabin. Even the Sky Club offerings are pretty marginal.

However, they are not your only options. You could bring food on the plane, though the taste might be off due to the effect of reduced pressure on taste perception.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL catering is truly abysmal these days....just reference my “luxury” meal in Delta One on JFK-LAX

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jan 29, 2018 at 8:20 am
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There's a meal service thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...8-edition.html
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
This is the Ham and Cheese thread. Trust me it doesn’t belong in the meal thread since it’s not food
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:00 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I have had good luck with a special meal for breakfast. I ordered low sodium and had a good omelette with sausage and fruit.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by aero0729
This is the Ham and Cheese thread. Trust me it doesn’t belong in the meal thread since it’s not food
Touche.
On another note never understood why those who are not moderators choose to try and moderate a thread.

Last edited by apodo77; Jan 29, 2018 at 9:07 am
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:03 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by apodo77
Touche.
Ona nother note nevre understood why those who are not moderators choose to try and moderate a thread.
because the quality of the forum suffers when people start redundant threads and letting the OPs know this is the only hope of correcting this behavior. Moderators need to combine threads but there's absolutely nothing wrong with mere mortals informing an OP about the norms of the forum.

Like, why are you trying to moderate the citizen moderators?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
because the quality of the forum suffers when people start redundant threads and letting the OPs know this is the only hope of correcting this behavior. Moderators need to combine threads but there's absolutely nothing wrong with mere mortals informing an OP about the norms of the forum.

Like, why are you trying to moderate the citizen moderators?
Redundant threads don't bother me. Got other things to annoy me throughout the day. To each their own.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by apodo77
Redundant threads don't bother me. Got other things to annoy me throughout the day. To each their own.
^

The thread title was sufficiently descriptive, so I had no trouble inferring the topic.

Were I deeply troubled by redundant threads, I could have taken personal responsibility and ignored it.

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I would not like them
here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.

I do not like
Cheerios, cheese and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:03 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Weird how people who fingerwag and suggest that people ignore redundant threads can't ignore individual posts in those threads (and then make their own off topic posts in those threads to complain about the other posts that they think are useless).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Personally, I would be very happy (and surprised) if offered a ham and cheese sandwich. Of course, that is only one of the problems when your home airline is El Al.
wrp96, Vegas Vegan, OHDL1 and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta
If you had ordered the VGML SM, you would have gotten dairy yogurt, some sort of omelet, a bagel with cream cheese and tons of fruit.

None of which is VGML except for the fruit

Last edited by Vegas Vegan; Jan 29, 2018 at 10:27 am Reason: too quick to click post
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:29 am

Breakfast has never been a good option on Delta, but they should be embarrassed with what they are serving now. Lunch/dinner is usually decent, but the portion sizes are shrinking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.