Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Drink Coupons?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
For reference.

DL give 4 coupons in your My wallet each time you hit a higher elite level. Thus if you go from base to Diamond in one year you'll end up earning 16.

DL gives current elites 4 coupons at start of year, regardless of elite level. They then give out 4 more as you reach a higher than current level. This means Diamonds will only earn the yearly 4 as there's no higher level to reach.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
For reference.

DL give 4 coupons in your My wallet each time you hit a higher elite level. Thus if you go from base to Diamond in one year you'll end up earning 16.

DL gives current elites 4 coupons at start of year, regardless of elite level. They then give out 4 more as you reach a higher than current level. This means Diamonds will only earn the yearly 4 as there's no higher level to reach.
I don't remember getting 4 when I hit silver. Do they give 4 for silver also, or is it just Gold, Platinum, and Diamond?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I don't remember getting 4 when I hit silver. Do they give 4 for silver also, or is it just Gold, Platinum, and Diamond?
Should be at all levels, including FO. Should be in your My Wallet.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: DL GM/Hilton Gold
I've never received drink coupons as an FO. Hit GM for first time last month and 4 coupons were put in my wallet the next day.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Should be at all levels, including FO. Should be in your My Wallet.
Nope. I didn't get 4 when I hit silver
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:15 am

I called in requesting the 4 vouchers for when I reached silver, and was told only silver million milers get them, but ordinarily you only receive 4 when you hit each level Gold and beyond, hence the deposit of only 8 for me so far this year as a Platinum. Were they incorrect?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
For reference.

Nothing has been put in my wallet this year so I sent an email to Delta. Here is the response today. As posted above I have achieved Gold and Platinum for 2019 (will reach Diamond this month):

“Thank you for your email regarding complimentary drink coupons. We
regret any misunderstanding that may have occurred concerning our
procedures.

Drink coupons are no longer issued with each step up the Medallion
ladder. they are however provided with your annual renewal credential
package.

Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond to your concern.
We very much appreciate your Diamond Medallion loyalty to Delta and look
forward to the privilege of serving you again soon.”

Last edited by apodo77; Oct 28, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77

Nothing has been put in my wallet this year so I sent an email to Delta. Here is the response today. As posted above I have achieved Gold and Platinum for 2019 (will reach Diamond this month):

“Thank you for your email regarding complimentary drink coupons. We
regret any misunderstanding that may have occurred concerning our
procedures.

Drink coupons are no longer issued with each step up the Medallion
ladder. they are however provided with your annual renewal credential
package.

Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond to your concern.
We very much appreciate your Diamond Medallion loyalty to Delta and look
forward to the privilege of serving you again soon.”
I hope this isn't a new policy, as I reached out today both on Twitter and over the phone, and was told that silver don't get unless they're a million miler, but I assume other thresholds do receive 4 at each threshold.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
Are free drink vouchers really such an extent that policies are sufficiently difficult that even FT people aren't certain? Seriously the fact that I can call a DM help desk and get any different number of answers to routine questions really says that the whole SkyMiles program is absurdly more complicated that it needs to be.
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by SecurityTheaterFanClubPresident
Are free drink vouchers really such an extent that policies are sufficiently difficult that even FT people aren't certain? Seriously the fact that I can call a DM help desk and get any different number of answers to routine questions really says that the whole SkyMiles program is absurdly more complicated that it needs to be.
Delta should commit their policy to writing somewhere (the original rep I spoke with thought that Silver's (even non million milers) get 4 coupons on reaching that status as well, and the called to clarify, so she was uncertain), but AFAIK the policy is not written publicly.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:47 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I hope this isn't a new policy, as I reached out today both on Twitter and over the phone, and was told that silver don't get unless they're a million miler, but I assume other thresholds do receive 4 at each threshold.

I can confirm that I regularly get them, however I have never used any in all my years and will gladly gift them to any older looking couples in the boarding lounge on my flights next month before they expire (the coupons)
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: DL DM (ST E+), AA PM, UA GM
Originally Posted by Fuzzytoo
Well, my rollover miles have shown up, but no certs.

>Credits, Certificates and Saving
>We're sorry, it looks like you don't have any Credits or Certificates associated to this account right now.

In the past, something has always shown up via email or online in my wallet, or whatever they used to call that file.
Any ideas why the delay this year. Did I do/not do something to upset the gremlins?
Well Damn.... look at that! I found the certs... thanks FT!!!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
For reference.

I have four total in my wallet, and I’ve never used even one. I never got any more. When I go through the various medallion stages requalifying for DM each year, they’re only giving me four once, not at each stage.

Since I don’t use them I haven’t really cared. But I could always gift them to someone here, so perhaps I should ping DL.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Hey FT, I have a couple drink coupons left, let me know if you'd like them this holiday season.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TheHorta

I have four total in my wallet, and I’ve never used even one. I never got any more. When I go through the various medallion stages requalifying for DM each year, they’re only giving me four once, not at each stage.

Since I don’t use them I haven’t really cared. But I could always gift them to someone here, so perhaps I should ping DL.
If you re-read, that's exactly what I said. As a DM there's no higher level to achieve. Thus you only get the 4 at beginning of the year. A PM would get 4 at start of year and then if manage to not only to requalify for PM, but achieve DM they get 4 more. However the next year they would only get the 4 at start of year. Since there's no higher level to achieve, it's not possible for a DM to get any more than the 4 given at start of year.

Basically DM get screwed on the free drink coupons. DM should really get 16 at beginning of the year, PM 12, GM 8, and FO 4.

However everyone gets only the 4 with DM having no way of earning more.
TheHorta likes this.

Last edited by flyerCO; Oct 29, 2018 at 10:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.