Wiki Posts
Search

Free Drink Coupons?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Free Drink Coupons?

I'm a platinum transitioning to gold. But was curious. Do they still give the 4 free drink coupons every year?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm dropping down to FO this year and I see four new drink coupons in my wallet expiring 1/31/19.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

not me
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Yes, I got 4 again this year. Never use them, I give them away to coworkers.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by micstatic
not me
Do you still have 2018 coupons? If you do, you may to use the dots to scroll left to see the ones for 2019 (I had to do this for the ones in my wallet).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
I have gotten 4 each year for the past few years. Haven't seen the new ones yet, but expect them to arrive before the current batch expires on 2/1/18.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Yes, I got 4 again this year. Never use them, I give them away to coworkers.
I don't use mine either. I still have two from last year. The other two I gave to an unknown seatmate in December.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I have four, and I just made Gold at the end of last year.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i have 4 from when i made GM in calendar year 2017 for program year 2018. i didnt receive any other when crossing PM thresholds. the ones i have are set to expire 12 months from when i made GM (October 2018).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by micstatic
I'm a platinum transitioning to gold. But was curious. Do they still give the 4 free drink coupons every year?
Yes.
They showed up in my DL App
Kinda miss the “old school” Tags, Drink Certificates & “JWD” that were snail-mailed a bazillion years ago.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I've got about 50 sitting in my drawer, and I hardly ever drink alcohol in flight.... I periodically give some away to fellow pax...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

I still haven't received any for 2018. Used my 2017 ones. My rollover didn't appear yet. Wonder if they happen at the same time?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I gave away my four 2/1/18 ones here last month in a different thread as I recall, and I had a new set of four expiring 1/31/19 already, but I don't recall if they appeared when I hit GM or PM.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I never did learn how to use my phone to use the coupons in my "wallet" so I asked the attendants in the SkyClub and they had no idea either. However they were nice and gave me a free coupon from their desk, My wife used it on her next flight and the FAs served the drink after seeing it and then handed it back to her. So my wife tried again to use the coupon on her next days flight and once again got her drink in coach and the coupon handed back to her. I didn't realize this was like a lifetime card but I'll report back if it doesn't work in the future
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
I never did learn how to use my phone to use the coupons in my "wallet" so I asked the attendants in the SkyClub and they had no idea either. However they were nice and gave me a free coupon from their desk, My wife used it on her next flight and the FAs served the drink after seeing it and then handed it back to her. So my wife tried again to use the coupon on her next days flight and once again got her drink in coach and the coupon handed back to her. I didn't realize this was like a lifetime card but I'll report back if it doesn't work in the future
I've found that when I print my drink chits and hand them to the FAs, about 50% of the time they don't actually get scanned.
TetonSig likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.