Wiki Posts
Search

Free Drink Coupons?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Yes, I got 4 again this year. Never use them, I give them away to coworkers.
How about your "friends" on FT? <LOL>
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:14 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I once tried to give a few away to a fellow traveler. It’d somehow slipped my kid that he’d told me shortly beforehand that he was on his way to a sober living conference... The lapse may have involved my own drinking.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AS, DL GM, AA, HH Plat, IHG
Originally Posted by micstatic
I still haven't received any for 2018. Used my 2017 ones. My rollover didn't appear yet. Wonder if they happen at the same time?
Well, my rollover miles have shown up, but no certs.

>Credits, Certificates and Saving
>We're sorry, it looks like you don't have any Credits or Certificates associated to this account right now.

In the past, something has always shown up via email or online in my wallet, or whatever they used to call that file.
Any ideas why the delay this year. Did I do/not do something to upset the gremlins?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American, SW, Alaska, Hertz Gold, Marriott, SPG
Looking for drink coupons

I'm wondering if anyone has drink coupons they don't want that I could take off their hands? I've booked a trip for a flying-averse parent and would love to send them a couple of vouchers for the flight (in April). Buying them via Delta's webpage for in-flight vouchers is not so straightforward. Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by portland501
I'm wondering if anyone has drink coupons they don't want that I could take off their hands? I've booked a trip for a flying-averse parent and would love to send them a couple of vouchers for the flight (in April). Buying them via Delta's webpage for in-flight vouchers is not so straightforward. Thanks!
Ebay.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:18 am

I read the thread but still am not clear. Who is supposed to get them? My husband is gold this year and got 4. I am silver and got 0. Last year I was gold and got 0. So I'm confused. We can use these when traveling in coach on companion tickets; we decline the comfort plus upgrade to avoid middles, and just sit in exit row seats.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Achieved Platinum for 2019 In April and got no new drink coupons.
Will make Diamond next month.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by qofmiwok
I read the thread but still am not clear. Who is supposed to get them? My husband is gold this year and got 4. I am silver and got 0. Last year I was gold and got 0. So I'm confused. We can use these when traveling in coach on companion tickets; we decline the comfort plus upgrade to avoid middles, and just sit in exit row seats.
No idea. I made DM this year and got 0. I gifted GM to my wife and she got 4. I submitted a complaint and got 4 in my account the next day.

I get very thirsty flying Delta.
koreanair720 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I got 4 drink coupons when I hit gold and 4 more when I hit Platinum. I still have 6 left through the end of the year since I usually end up in C+ or F
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So I'm the drink coupon troll, invading every thread mentioning drink coupons to try to persuade people to write DL and request that we be allowed to use them for things other than booze. If enough people ask for it, maybe they'll do it. I'd like to be able to combine them to get some food or something.

If you have a moment, do send in a feedback message requesting it. It's a win-win: people who want to use them for drinks still can, and the rest of us can use them on something else.
strickerj likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotturnip
So I'm the drink coupon troll, invading every thread mentioning drink coupons to try to persuade people to write DL and request that we be allowed to use them for things other than booze. If enough people ask for it, maybe they'll do it. I'd like to be able to combine them to get some food or something.

If you have a moment, do send in a feedback message requesting it. It's a win-win: people who want to use them for drinks still can, and the rest of us can use them on something else.
Waste a drink coupon on food?!? Who would do such a thing?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
But we used to be able to use those coupons on the snack boxes, which was great for a teetotaler like me. Not much luck trying to get things back from Delta. I can't even begin to list the things DL has taken away from medallions because there are so many...

Okay, I'll just start with the one that pisses me off the most, which is being able to book and upgrade seats together with the two other members of my family. Drink/snack coupons are somewhere in the top ten.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I seem to always have somewhere between 2 and 6 of these in my DL wallet. I don't usually keep track of when they repopulate.

Past few years I've made PM sometime in late summer. This year I just made DM and it looks like that just resulted in four new coupons being dropped into my wallet.

Every so often I'll notice that a bunch are about to expire and will print them off to give away to coworkers/friends/etc.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by portland501
Yes, I have a ton and I'm not a person who should be drinking. If you tell me how many you want and how to get them to you, I'll be happy to transfer them.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Waste a drink coupon on food?!? Who would do such a thing?
Those of us that can't drink alcohol. Seriously, body doesn't have the ability to breakdown alcohol. Drinking makes me seriously ill/can kill me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.