Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using Global Cert on NRT-DTW - Upgrade to D1 only or also PE from Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Global Cert on NRT-DTW - Upgrade to D1 only or also PE from Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Define "correlates" please. The O inventory bucket on DL is award tickets in D1 (and other flights with business class?).
Whenever I have seen O availability on EF, it has also had availability for mileage upgrades.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Really? VA's PE seems very similar to Delta's PE... what makes it so much better than the Delta product? I've flown it a couple times (op-up) and it was nice, but the hard product is a small upgrade over Y. There are still middle seats.

EDIT: I guess looking at the stats, VA has a bit more width. But DL's legrests look far superior. Not sure why it is 'no where close' to VA.
Virgin Atlantic's premium-economy is 2x3x2, which is a huge improvement from Delta's 2x4x2 configuration for premium-economy. Plus, the seat is significantly wider.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Virgin Atlantic's premium-economy is 2x3x2, which is a huge improvement from Delta's 2x4x2 configuration for premium-economy. Plus, the seat is significantly wider.
Ok, well that is VS, not VA (Virgin Australia). I agree that VS has a much nicer PE product. I saw that the poster mentioned VS later, but didn't realize they were using the term VA to refer to them.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Ok, well that is VS, not VA (Virgin Australia). I agree that VS has a much nicer PE product. I saw that the poster mentioned VS later, but didn't realize they were using the term VA to refer to them.
Yeah, I only saw ATL-LHR. I personally hate the acronyms on FlyerTalk just because they can become confusing.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Really? VA's PE seems very similar to Delta's PE... what makes it so much better than the Delta product? I've flown it a couple times (op-up) and it was nice, but the hard product is a small upgrade over Y. There are still middle seats.
I'm always confused by the middle seats comments for Premium Economy. Of course there are middle seats, it's Premium Economy, not Business Class (which still has middle seats on some carriers). The standard for W is "never more than one seat from the aisle" not "direct aisle access". I ask this genuinely, not snidely: what are people expecting instead?

If the statement is "I'd rather fly business class with direct aisle access", then sure I would too, but that's a different product.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by bennos
I'm always confused by the middle seats comments for Premium Economy. Of course there are middle seats, it's Premium Economy, not Business Class (which still has middle seats on some carriers). The standard for W is "never more than one seat from the aisle" not "direct aisle access". I ask this genuinely, not snidely: what are people expecting instead?

If the statement is "I'd rather fly business class with direct aisle access", then sure I would too, but that's a different product.
My comment was only to compare two PE products. It was in response to someone saying they 'certainly wouldn't pay to sit in a middle seat' with DL. As you say, all PE widebodies that I am aware of have middle seats. So my reference was only to question why someone knocks the DL product for having a center seat but praises another product that still has middle seats.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:19 pm
Suspended

My comment was only to compare two PE products. It was in response to someone saying they 'certainly wouldn't pay to sit in a middle seat' with DL. As you say, all PE widebodies that I am aware of have middle seats. So my reference was only to question why someone knocks the DL product for having a center seat but praises another product that still has middle seats.
Probably because Delta has two middle seats in the center section.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
O availability correlates to mileage upgrade availability - perhaps that equals GUC as well?
Mileage upgrades and certificate upgrades do come out of the same inventory bucket...

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Whenever I have seen O availability on EF, it has also had availability for mileage upgrades.
... while this is a popular theory, and one I subscribed to, IIRC someone posted a counterexample earlier this year. Which, absent other data, doesn't prove or disprove "correlated" but take it for whatever it's worth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.