Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Pass Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM
Boarding Pass Question

Just checked in online for my first flight of the new year tomorrow. I Wanted First so I Bought First. The BP shows me in my selected seat and in the "Prem Zone."

But under my name the BP shows "XXXXXX/SKY PRIORITY/TSA PRECHK"

What is the meaning of the Sky Priority designation?

Last edited by captiveguru; Jan 8, 2018 at 8:08 am Reason: sky not shy
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by captiveguru
Just checked in online for my first flight of the new year tomorrow. I Wanted First so I Bought First. The BP shows me in my selected seat and in the "Prem Zone."

It means that you have access to SkyPriority check-in and security lines.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels

As a DL DM, I'd hope you know what "Sky Priority" means.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM
Originally Posted by rwoman
As a DL DM, I'd hope you know what "Sky Priority" means.
I thought Sky Priority was a generalized status for GM, PM and DM. But the other two pieces of information are flight specific (Reservation Number and PreCheck access). The BP also says I am "DIAMOND/ELITEPLUS/SKY CLUB".

Guess I will ask a gate agent or SC rep what they might use that info for.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by WWads

It means that you have access to SkyPriority check-in and security lines.

This.

Particularly at the security lines it is easier for the staff at the line entrances (often contract employees of TSA) to look for the single designation of SkyPriority rather than learn all the medallion categories as well as F/D1.

It’s a useful redundancy.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by rwoman
.... what "Sky Priority" means.
If you don't check a bag or fly international; then SkyPriority doesn't mean much (unless you don't have PreCheck).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
.... rather than learn all the medallion categories as well as F/D1.
10 airlines with 10 designations each should take the average person about a week to learn them all.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RRDD
If you don't check a bag or fly international; then SkyPriority doesn't mean much (unless you don't have PreCheck).
For a while, airports like MSP had a dedicated PreCheck line for those who also has SkyPriority. It was very convenient.

RIP
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
10 airlines with 10 designations each should take the average person about a week to learn them all.
Are you suggesting that TSA employees and contract line dragons are "average"?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Some of the contract employees have disabilities that might make this challenging. Even for an average person, scanning large numbers of boarding passes (held by impatient passengers) as quickly as possible is easier when checking for just a few designations, not 100, as you suggest.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Guess I will ask a gate agent or SC rep what they might use that info for.
These all allow someone to quickly see what you have access to and what your status is without looking it up. It also serves as a marketing ploy to make you feel good. Here is a breakdown:

SKY PRIORITY: Indicates you have access to the full range of Sky Priority benefits (check in, SP or first class security line, priority customer service, priority baggage handling, etc)

TSA PRECHK: Informs security line staff that you have access to the TSA precheck security line. You can choose to use this or the Sky Priority line since you have access to both.

DIAMOND: You current Delta Medallion status. This would flag your status right away for an agent without having to look it up.

ELITEPLUS: This is your Sky Team elite status. Similar to DL elite status but is standardized across the alliance so that you get (mostly) the same benefits whenever you fly on any Sky Team airline. Most importantly, it grants you access to Sky Team lounges while flying internationally as well as increased luggage allowances, etc.

SKY CLUB: Grants Sky Club Access.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Um, DL and other SkyTeam partners have Sky Priority in every airport I've been in...US or international.

Even in ATL or JFK, among others,, there's Sky Priority security if someone does not have PreCheck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.