Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Downgrade from Paid F to C+ Four Months Out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade from Paid F to C+ Four Months Out

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you had a FULL F fare, you should have been allowed free changes for any reason or no reason at all. In addition to this flexibility (no need to wait to T-24 to do SDC, for example), FULL F earns 200% MQMs versus 150% for a G fare class ticket.
Should have specified sorry, it was a discounted J fare (ZNX fare basis) with only the domestic legs booked into the F bucket. I had them move both YYZ-DTW and DTW-PEK a day earlier and only the YYZ-DTW bucket changed. So for the difference of ~15 MQM, I didn't think it warranted another 20 mins on the phone.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RunningforMiles
Should have specified sorry, it was a discounted J fare (ZNX fare basis) with only the domestic legs booked into the F bucket. I had them move both YYZ-DTW and DTW-PEK a day earlier and only the YYZ-DTW bucket changed. So for the difference of ~15 MQM, I didn't think it warranted another 20 mins on the phone.
OK, although now that you mention a Z fare booking into F class for the domestic legs, I'm not sure whether you should have gotten 150% or 200% MQMs anyway. Since the rule is "fare class paid", my guess would be 150% based on Z.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.