Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Downgrade from Paid F to C+ Four Months Out

Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG

Flying YYZ-DTW-PEK in April, got a schedule change notification email last night that showed no schedule change but rather a downgrade from F to C+ on YYZ-DTW (Endeavor operated).

I’m still assigned 1A which is now marked as C+. Seems to be an equipment change but it’s still a CRJ, which I thought all had F? Regardless, seems to be the new norm for this flight at least in April.

Anyway, my question is if they will treat this as a schedule change and allow me to make changes as if it were a 60 min change? Would love to try and leave the day prior or switch to CI on the outbound.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RunningforMiles
Flying YYZ-DTW-PEK in April, got a schedule change notification email last night that showed no schedule change but rather a downgrade from F to C+ on YYZ-DTW (Endeavor operated).

Im still assigned 1A which is now marked as C+. Seems to be an equipment change but its still a CRJ, which I thought all had F? Regardless, seems to be the new norm for this flight at least in April.

Anyway, my question is if they will treat this as a schedule change and allow me to make changes as if it were a 60 mins change? Would love to try and leave the day prior or switch to CI on the outbound.
CRJ-200 does not have first class, 1A is comfort plus

could be that you were on another CRJ, the 700 and 900 have first class.

Even though It Is a 60 minute change they most likely will work with you especially considering the downgrade
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
CRJ-200 does not have an F cabin.

You can almost certainly call in and make changes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Can't answer part 2 but what you describe would suggest a downgrade to the CR2 which does not have any FC
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
CR7s and CR9s gave F cabins; 50 seat CRJs do not. Delta Connection has about 140 CRJs.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Must be the it, thanks! I will give them a call and see.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Must be the it, thanks! I will give them a call and see.
I was downgraded on a paid international J ticket from F to Y when IAD-JFK switched to a CRJ200 at some point.

Ticket was issued by KL. DL took it over and reissued on any WAS-NYC flight I wanted that had an F cabin.

While I doubt you will be reaccommodated on another carrier for a downgrade for such a short flight, DL will literally accept anything else YOU propose on their metal - move back or forward by a day, go YYZ-NYC-DTW or YYZ-ATL-DTW etc to keep F all the way thru.

They also may offer you a $200 downgrade voucher if you stay on the downgraded flight, if you prefer that.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Keith2004
CRJ-200 does not have first class, 1A is comfort plus

If I recall correctly, CRJ-200s have one row, three seats of dis-Comfort+

They have declared row 1 as such... probably just so they can claim it exists on all aircraft.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If I recall correctly, CRJ-200s have one row, three seats of dis-Comfort+

They have declared row 1 as such... probably just so they can claim it exists on all aircraft.
CRJ-200's are 4 across, not 3. Endeavor reserves seats 1C and 1D for special needs pax, so only 1A and 1B are available for booking. Skywest seems to reserve the entire row on many routes, so often you can't actually book C+ on them.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
CRJ-200's are 4 across, not 3. Endeavor reserves seats 1C and 1D for special needs pax, so only 1A and 1B are available for booking. Skywest seems to reserve the entire row on many routes, so often you can't actually book C+ on them.
Yet another reason to avoid SkyWest.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
For what it's worth, 1B or 1C on the CRJ200 isn't bad if 1A or 1D are unoccupied.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
For what it's worth, 1B or 1C on the CRJ200 isn't bad if 1A or 1D are unoccupied.
.......and what are the chances of those seats being empty? IMO it's very rare to see an empty seat on a DL CRJ-200 flight.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

FWIW, I ended up getting rebooked a day earlier, which works well for me, onto a CRJ-9 with a 60 min connection in DTW. The very polite but green sounding agent didn't seem to understand why I wanted to change and quoted me the change fee so I was about to kindly HUCA but she proactively got her supervisor who reissued the ticket no problem. Fare bucket went from F to G, but c'est la vie.

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I was downgraded on a paid international J ticket from F to Y when IAD-JFK switched to a CRJ200 at some point.

Ticket was issued by KL. DL took it over and reissued on any WAS-NYC flight I wanted that had an F cabin.

While I doubt you will be reaccommodated on another carrier for a downgrade for such a short flight, DL will literally accept anything else YOU propose on their metal - move back or forward by a day, go YYZ-NYC-DTW or YYZ-ATL-DTW etc to keep F all the way thru.

They also may offer you a $200 downgrade voucher if you stay on the downgraded flight, if you prefer that.
Earlier this year I had a domestic segment on a paid TATL J ticket change by about 61 mins and got the whole trip rebooked onto AF metal no questions asked.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:37 pm

FWIW, I ended up getting rebooked a day earlier, which works well for me, onto a CRJ-9 with a 60 min connection in DTW. The very polite but green sounding agent didn't seem to understand why I wanted to change and quoted me the change fee so I was about to kindly HUCA but she proactively got her supervisor who reissued the ticket no problem. Fare bucket went from F to G, but c'est la vie.

Earlier this year I had a domestic segment on a paid TATL J ticket change by about 61 mins and got the whole trip rebooked onto AF metal no questions asked.
If you had a FULL F fare, you should have been allowed free changes for any reason or no reason at all. In addition to this flexibility (no need to wait to T-24 to do SDC, for example), FULL F earns 200% MQMs versus 150% for a G fare class ticket.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.......and what are the chances of those seats being empty? IMO it's very rare to see an empty seat on a DL CRJ-200 flight.
I've had four CRJ200 flights in the past month. On each one I was 1B or 1C and had no seatmate. The other passenger didn't either. Delta doesn't seem to be upgrading at the gate for these seats, either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.