Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub Access With Jumpseat Pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Seriously - non-revs trying to figure out how to game the system when GAs already screw revs on upgrades....puuuuulease

How is anything that OP said "gaming the system"?? I don't see any attempt to deceive or bend rules. The SC agents would clearly know that the pax is a nonrev flying in a jump seat, and they would either allow them in or not. And while there is certainly the occasional report of upgrade list funny business, it's hardly a widespread problem, so chill out, ok?
CPMaverick, angra and guera like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:44 pm

Seriously - non-revs trying to figure out how to game the system when GAs already screw revs on upgrades....puuuuulease
Not sure how its trying to game the system. We travel for work and pay for the Amex Platinum like everyone else that accesses the lounge this way. And to answer the OP's question, yes, we can use a JS pass to access boththe Skyclub and the Centurion lounge. No, we cannot enter in uniform
guera likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I saw someone do this at the ATL A17 SC two Sundays ago. The agent informed him an actual seat had opened up and printed him a new BP to replace his jumpseat one.
guera likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sanchez Jacobo
Not sure how its trying to game the system. We travel for work and pay for the Amex Platinum like everyone else that accesses the lounge this way. And to answer the OP's question, yes, we can use a JS pass to access boththe Skyclub and the Centurion lounge. No, we cannot enter in uniform
Can I ask the reason behind no uniforms at DL? I get why it would be thought to be a good idea. However pilots for private flights and even crew from other airlines are allowed in while in uniform. The public isn't going to know in general if you're a DL pilot or a private pilot flying home after dropping boss off for week vacation. Also a lot of international airlines seem to get access for their crew to lounges at out stations before flights. I can understand no access while working even if have membership. (There's legal issues)

Right now it's like the bar telling the bartender, sorry can't drink here unless you take off the t-shirt we make you wear that says bartender. However a bartender from another bar could be a customer wearing the same shirt.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:31 pm

No idea. I don't establish policy. But crewmembers are NEVER allowed to drink in uniform anyway.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:10 pm

Don't read too much between the lines, but part of the reason for this policy is to limit the financial impact of lounge access to AMEX. It's a flat-rate system and like unlimited mileage rental car abuse they're ok with a few regular business travelers in the mix. To try and market the product to someone who will be not only in the system daily, but often for hours on end after they miss flight after flight waiting for a seat, just doesn't make business sense for AMEX. It's also far from their target customer.

They do actually allow non-revs that have obtained a confirmed seat.
guera likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Who loses out? How does it hurt me (as a DM) if someone in a jumpseat enters the Sky Club?
Old May 18, 2018, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by johndoe123
Don't read too much between the lines, but part of the reason for this policy is to limit the financial impact of lounge access to AMEX. It's a flat-rate system and like unlimited mileage rental car abuse they're ok with a few regular business travelers in the mix. To try and market the product to someone who will be not only in the system daily, but often for hours on end after they miss flight after flight waiting for a seat, just doesn't make business sense for AMEX. It's also far from their target customer.

They do actually allow non-revs that have obtained a confirmed seat.
That's for the Centurion Lounge. Access to the Sky Club via Amex Platinum is allowed for nonrevs.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Plat Amex
I am diamond with skyclub access. I only buy fully refundable delta tickets. I am also a pilot for another company. I have been told to change my clothes when I entered the club in my pilot uniform. Now I always figure out a place to change before I enter the club.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sailandfly
I am diamond with skyclub access. I only buy fully refundable delta tickets. I am also a pilot for another company. I have been told to change my clothes when I entered the club in my pilot uniform. Now I always figure out a place to change before I enter the club.
Strange. I have seen plenty of private company pilots in uniform in the SC. In fact I know some of them. Perhaps an agent who doesn't understand Delta pilot vs private pilot?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.