Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub Access With Jumpseat Pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL, BA, HH, IHG
SkyClub Access With Jumpseat Pass

I fly often on Delta as a nonrev and enjoy SkyClub Lounge access via the AMEX Platinum card. I present a seat request card rather than a boarding pass with a seat assignment when I enter the club.

Does anyone know if you can enter the lounge with a jumpseat pass along with the AMEX Plat card? Asking for a friend who is considering getting the card just for the lounge access. TIA
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I thought NON REV were not allowed access to the Sky Club?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Yes you can enter SkyClubs with a Delta seat request card.

And Priority Pass lounges as well.

You do need a seat assignment to enter Centurion Lounges.

Please keep in mind I'm paying $550/year for the Plat card just for the Lounge access.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Not an insult against you, I just wasnt sure hence why I asked.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I thought NON REV were not allowed access to the Sky Club?
You might be thinking about employees flying in uniform as non-rev. Uniformed employees may not utilize the Sky Club. But a non-rev in civilian clothes traveling for leisure with a means to access the Sky Club is acceptable.
guera likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:26 am
Original Poster

The scenario I'm envisioning is an employee in civilian clothes entering the lounge on a jumpseat pass.

A jumpseat pass looks looks just like a boarding pass but says JUMPSET PASS in big letters and then where the seat assignment usually is it says 1P.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I wish I could buy a jumpseat pass, but only if it literally meant sitting in the cockpit. I'm sure those seats aren't comfy, but I would be fascinated!
jacobguo and Bear4Asian like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Gig103
I wish I could buy a jumpseat pass, but only if it literally meant sitting in the cockpit. I'm sure those seats aren't comfy, but I would be fascinated!
Once upon a time in the pre-9/11 days. I got to do it once on a KLM 777 flying AMS-NBO. I asked the purser and after lunch was served as we were crossing the Mediterranean and north coast of Africa, the purser came and asked if I'd like to go to the flight deck. I spent about 45 minutes sitting in one of the jump seats. About half-way through the third pilot returned and I got up to leave and he said no, there are 2 jump seats, please stay.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by guera
The scenario I'm envisioning is an employee in civilian clothes entering the lounge on a jumpseat pass.

A jumpseat pass looks looks just like a boarding pass but says JUMPSET PASS in big letters and then where the seat assignment usually is it says 1P.
I imagine it would be fine. A jumpseat BP is more of a "confirmed" seat than a seat request card.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Edit: Was in a serious funk i guess...my bad

Last edited by pharmawalk; May 19, 2018 at 8:55 am
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Seriously - non-revs trying to figure out how to game the system when GAs already screw revs on upgrades....puuuuulease
could you elaborate, please?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
Once upon a time in the pre-9/11 days. I got to do it once on a KLM 777 flying AMS-NBO. I asked the purser and after lunch was served as we were crossing the Mediterranean and north coast of Africa, the purser came and asked if I'd like to go to the flight deck. I spent about 45 minutes sitting in one of the jump seats. About half-way through the third pilot returned and I got up to leave and he said no, there are 2 jump seats, please stay.
I got to go with my dad to the cockpit and sit on a jump-seat on a BA 747-400 mid-flight in 2000, it was so amazing and fun. Sad that can't happen anymore.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
could you elaborate, please?
Self explanatory pvn, please don't start something again.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by jonathanbak
I got to go with my dad to the cockpit and sit on a jump-seat on a BA 747-400 mid-flight in 2000, it was so amazing and fun. Sad that can't happen anymore.
I grew up in a time that the cockpit was accessible and i gave the peanuts (and got some tips sometimes!). Been flying on my own since i was 7 yrs old.

Edit: wish i had started miles acct at that time.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:34 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Self explanatory pvn, please don't start something again.
Dude, you just wandered into a thread to drop a baseless accusation that's not even relevant to the thread and you're worried about me starting something?

lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.